Weekend at Thermal

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
Flying Phil

Weekend at Thermal

Post by Flying Phil » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:27 pm

Does anyone have pics from the track days at Thermal this past weekend? Although I couldn't attend, I'd love the opportunity to live vicariously...
I did have the opportunity to cruise around Scottsdale. Boy I love this car!! As gentle as a kitten, short shifting at 2000 RPM around town, quiet like a church mouse. Then you put your foot into it and.... :drool:

Anx

Re: Weekend at Thermal

Post by Anx » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Unfortunately I wasn't able to drive there, but I was there and enjoyed the facilities... There were three Atoms there, plus one SRA which was pretty cool, and I shot some video of the cars, so I'm hoping to have something put together for everyone to enjoy.  Franz or Nik could speak more to how nice the track was, but it sure looked nice - plus the weather was perfect.  It's a shame you couldn't make it - it would have been awesome to have 5 cars there, but now that the weather is getting good here, I'm sure we'll be doing a bunch more things, so make sure to save your vacation time for here!  :)
Attachments
IMG_0039s.jpg

rbuckingham

Post by rbuckingham » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:18 pm

who is/was organizing trips to Thermal? I've wanted to get out there but have not yet, in fact I didn't even realize it was open already.

Anx

Post by Anx » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:03 pm

Franz (the Atom dealer here, Forman Motor Works) organized it - we're getting into the time of year he sets up drives, etc, so ping him and he'll give you a heads up of anything we're doing.  The nice thing about here is the roads are great, and this time of year the weather is perfect.

As far as Thermal, I think it must have just opened somewhat recently, everything still in getting dialed in and they're building all over the place, but the part of the track that is open so far was very nice.

rbuckingham

Post by rbuckingham » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:00 pm

is Franz a member then? I guess its members and guests only.

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:25 am

I believe an Atom owner is a member. He graciously invited Atom owners to the track for a couple of days, as guests.

Upshift

Post by Upshift » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:09 pm

Sorry, I'm a bit late to the game here.....

Yes, one of my Atom clients is considering a membership at Thermal.  He had another event to attend at the track and they graciously invited us to join him.  The place is totally first-class and the track is outstanding.  We were also fortunate to be there while GMG Racing was testing their Lambo LP-570 Super Trofeo race car, as well as the new Aston Martin GT4.  Spectacular sights and sounds out of both of them.  Will try to post a few pics ASAP......

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:01 am

I once spent seven years renovating a 150 year old house and was going to write a book with the title which reflected the first thing that everyone said when they came to visit... "It'll be lovely when it's finished".

The track as it stands is a short technical section which is a hoot to drive (and to passenger). When the full 4.5 miles is complete, it'll be (as they say in this country) awesome!

I look forward to coming back and seeing it when it's complete. I am absolutely sure it'll be lovely when it's finished.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London