Fire Suppression

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
berrost

Fire Suppression

Post by berrost » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:31 pm

I have a 2007 Atom 2 that I want to add the Fire Suppression system to, is their a direct advantage of buying the system from TMI or Sector 111 or just go thru Summit? Anyone have a system for sale or that they recommend is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Terry Kennedy

Re: Fire Suppression

Post by Terry Kennedy » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:41 am

[quote="Mr. B"]
I have a 2007 Atom 2 that I want to add the Fire Suppression system to, is their a direct advantage of buying the system from TMI or Sector 111 or just go thru Summit? Anyone have a system for sale or that they recommend is greatly appreciated.[/quote]

The Brammo system was a fully plumbed-in system with 3 nozzles, one under the dash and 2 back at the engine. For some reason, they changed the mounting location of the bottle to up under the dash from behind the passenger footrest, perhaps because they didn't want to require the customer to order the optional passenger footrest to protect the bottle and plumbing.

The pictures I've seen of UK cars (2 and 3) and normal TMI cars seem to show a simple extinguisher clipped to the rails on the shifter tunnel - grab, point, pull. I would think that the SRA cars have a plumbed-in system, but I'm not sure.

There are enough differences in the frame, mounting points, etc. that I don't think a SRA system (if available) would be a drop-in fit.

berrost

Re: Fire Suppression

Post by berrost » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:19 pm

Many thanks - I do like the "Under passenger foot rest" option the best. I will look into the Brambo. Good luck with the incoming snow storm!