The Ridge

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
Flying Phil

The Ridge

Post by Flying Phil » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:13 am

I had the pleasure of seeing my very first 'other' Atom on Sept. 14th, at The Ridge Motorsport Park in Shelton, Washington State.
The car was Brammo chassis #3 and I met it's owners, who were a very nice couple.
I was there for another Chump Car race, 66 cars started, not sure how many finally completed the 14 hours, but what an amazing track! I don't have a vast amount of experience with tracks, but I think this one is destined to be a classic. It was the first live broadcast of a Chump Car race, and we were the track's inaugural night event. This is a link to you tube: ChumpCar World Series at The Ridge Motorsports Park by PIRLIVE Sept 15, 2012 Part 1
We're the white '82 RX7 with the paint bucket hood scoop. We're the first car you see being towed. Front left wheel came off after lap 5 (Note: welding ill fitting studs to hub causes said studs to become brittle). Then spent seven hours trying to figure out that the fuel filters can't handle oil mixed with fuel (recommended when competing with a rotary). But then the fun began...

NormLarson

Re: The Ridge

Post by NormLarson » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:26 am

Phil, I had planned on running over to see you, the track and the event, but, I completely forgot.  Dang it!

Flying Phil

Re: The Ridge

Post by Flying Phil » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 am

Next time, I hope Norm, and I suspect there will be plenty more “next time's“... the track was a big hit! While we've permanently dug up our race track here in Calgary, Shelton as put in what I'm sure will be a top rated track, in a matter of months. Hope you get a chance to drive it... SOON :drool: