Phoenix Atoms.

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
Flying Phil

Phoenix Atoms.

Post by Flying Phil » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:50 am

Heard that a couple of Atoms have been registered in Arizona recently. Anyone here?

Anx

Re: Phoenix Atoms.

Post by Anx » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Yup, I'm here (Chandler) with the red/black A3-K24... I've also met the guy with the white/black A3-K20 - plus I was at one of my favorite restaurants and apparently there's ANOTHER owner who goes there (I think with a black A2, but not sure).  The dealer here Franz also sold one before mine to a guy in Scottsdale (A3-K24, the very first one, and it's the A500 colors), but I haven't had an opportunity to meet him yet.  So, if you're not the guy from the restaurant, then there at 5 of us in Phoenix!  :)

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:36 am

THAT'S AWESOME!! No, it's not me, so I'm number five. Still working to get the car on the road, hopefully October, with Franzs' help.

Anx

Post by Anx » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:22 am

Cool, if Franz is helping you then you're in good hands - I think it's really cool that the Atom dealers I've met have all been passionate about the car.  He's got two Atoms arriving shortly, so if all of us can get together for things, we'd have six (!), practically an Atomfest by US standards.  ;)  So what color combo is yours?

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:59 am

Black frame, yellow panels, black wheels. I have about 1000 track miles on the car, so there is the usual rock chip damage to the rear mud guards (fenders). Who are you insuring with? I enquired with Rally Insurance, but their issue with insuring the Atom is that I don't own another car in the states, and they've said they don't want to insure the car as my primary vehicle. I may end up having to get a beater just so I can insure the Atom as a supplemental ::)

Anx

Post by Anx » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:54 am

Looks like you keep the same hours as me!  ;)  I'm using Rally (through American Insurance something-er-other), and it's the same for me - I couldn't find anyone who would insure it without another car... One word of caution, I believe they had some rules about what the other car could be - I first thought I'd just get a bike, but that was a no go, but I just kept my Lotus also for just that reason.  They also originally said they'd insure it as a collector car (which is quite a bit less), but just changed me over to an exotic - and the max mileage they'll do is 6k/year - I've been trying for more, but so far it's a no-go.