North America Insurance Company

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
Cyberbug

North America Insurance Company

Post by Cyberbug » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Can we compile a list of NA insurance companies willing to insure for road use?

I met a owner in VA he had it registered is a motorcycle.

I am in NJ - hoping for the best

Cyberbug

Re: North America Insurance Company

Post by Cyberbug » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:10 am

nothing?

Karl

Post by Karl » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:59 am

There has been some fairly extensive discussion on this topic. Try searching the North American Atoms subforum for "insurance".

Cyberbug

Post by Cyberbug » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:17 pm

I'll do that - but this was a try to benefit the masses. I have not seen a complied list of US insurers willing to insure the AA.

It would help.

Cyberbug

Post by Cyberbug » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:36 pm

Okay - My search has revealed the following

For USA

Leland West insurance
Rally insurance
Classic Insurance (classicins.com)
Greg His number is 541-482-1921 helped with Classic

Mileage limits from 1000-6000miles / yr

Coverage ranging from 500-1500 / yr

I can live with any of that if I can get it street legal in NJ - time to work on that.

Karl

Post by Karl » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:17 pm

You pretty much got the short list. I wouldn't be surprised if out of those 3, only Rally is still writing. You may be able to find other agents for American Modern Insurance Group (the underwriter for policies through Rally). Insurance is a bit of a sensitive topic because some people have special arrangements with their agents/insurers, and there have been lots of sour grapes in the past. Good luck with your registration efforts!

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Tue May 15, 2012 1:27 am

I spoke with Rally. They said that I had to have  a 'primary' car, insured with whoever, and they would insure the Atom with limited mileage as an addition.
Does anyone know if anyone offers storage insurance in the US? For the track only Atoms?

Shooterblaze

Post by Shooterblaze » Mon May 21, 2012 2:33 pm

I just got Rally Insurance on Friday from "Lars". Very nice guy.

Dbwy

Post by Dbwy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi guys, just wanted to update this in case anybody still has questions about coverage.
I just signed up with Rally. I was very pleased with the service. Full coverage with 1000 deductible, and 3000 miles per year, it came out to $811 per year. I am 32 and have a clean driving record. They asked me for the vehicle value, and are insuring it for the full value.
The lady told me to be careful because the Atom is a "powerful machine" and they are getting a lot of claims.  ;)

rijowysock

Post by rijowysock » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:01 pm

[quote="Dbwy"]
Hi guys, just wanted to update this in case anybody still has questions about coverage.
I just signed up with Rally. I was very pleased with the service. Full coverage with 1000 deductible, and 3000 miles per year, it came out to $811 per year. I am 32 and have a clean driving record. They asked me for the vehicle value, and are insuring it for the full value.
The lady told me to be careful because the Atom is a "powerful machine" and they are getting a lot of claims.  ;)
[/quote]

got the same note about powerful machine...

i saw all the mumbo jumbo in the contract about 200$ tow and 2000$ parts... wonder how all that works.. never really got a true contract in email.

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:21 pm

Trying insurance companies... what a hassle! Hagarty... no go. Classic.... not any more, too many large claims?! Leland West seemed promising, but you need to have had a U.S. drivers licence for at least nine years... I'm Canadian, so we didn't really get beyond that. Rally... no one will return my call?!
I spoke with Greg, as above, and even though he doesn't write policies for the Atom anymore, he's kindly offered to look into it for me... watch this space. The primary vehicle requirement seems to be pretty much industry wide, so it may require the purchase of a beater with liability insurance to move forward.
Last edited by Flying Phil on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anx

Post by Anx » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:34 pm

I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get around the primary car limit - I would love to make my Atom my primary vehicle, but there was no way... And all of the insurance companies place limits on the number of miles you can drive, not that it affects you as much.  One other thing to make sure is what the minimum value of the primary vehicle is, and the amount of insurance it has - my first thought was just get a motorcycle, but that was a no go.  :)

I will throw in one other suggestion, but it could be totally unrealistic.  I know in Arizona you can choose to be self-insured, and in that case you need to have a bond of some amount I think, and then you're effectively writing your own insurance.  As I said, I don't know any specifics about it, I just know it's possible to do (in Arizona at least)... I think you'd need to find out how much it would be, and whether you could pay some 3rd party service for servicing/underwriting the bond.  The upside of this approach is there isn't any limitation on what you do with it - the downside being that if you get in an accident, you'll be paying for everything.

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:22 am

Rally have covered me  :roflp:. I've opted for 6000 miles, and miles left over are rolled into the next year. Ellen sorted it out, despite me being one of those 'suspicious' Canadians.
Greg (above) didn't get back to me...
Hope to head down in a couple of weeks, do a little cruising, see some friends :vroom: