Need Paint code for regular Blue during Brammo times

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
silver

Need Paint code for regular Blue during Brammo times

Post by silver » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:56 pm

The code I got from Terry's list

The blue is manufacturer Valspar: Universal Intermix, Color Base 33-L1807 converted from No. 840

is not a code that's usable, it comes up as house paint according to the painter.

According to TMI they use a totally different blue versus what was used in Brammo days, anyone else have a paint code that I can try?

nickpoore

Re: Need Paint code for regular Blue during Brammo times

Post by nickpoore » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:32 am

Why?

If you're repainting; why not paint all three pieces.
They're small enough that it won't cost much extra to paint all three vs just one.

Sorry, not helpful...

silver

Post by silver » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:53 am

Because my fenders are color matched and I have 2 bonnets that need paint so that would be 8 pieces and I don't want to leave my car at the painter either, this way I can drop off the parts.

Craig Bramscher emailed me a code but we aren't sure if it works yet

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:58 am

I ended up having a shop match my setup silver.  The code I provided brammo was not what they used when they did my custom blue.

If craigs color code doesn't work, have it matched.

silver

Post by silver » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:50 am

cool, thanks for the insight. They do have a special tool to help match the paint, they said they were bringing it out today I just didn't get any updates today...we'll see.

I did receive my new Ariel Atom Logos for the nose panels in the mail from TMI  :tu:

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:55 am

The tool will get them close, but it won't be perfect.  That's where the experience of the painter comes into play to add a little more yellow or whatever comes into play.

My fenders match the rest of the car perfectly as a result of using a good paint shop.

silver

Post by silver » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:15 am

Paint's done...color is great....paint job is "ok"  it has a lifetime warranty so at some point when I feel like dealing with it I'll take them back and make them re-do or fix the imperfections.

Tomorrow........track time. >:D

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:29 am

You get your new fenders done too?

The spin-meister himself on the track..  :pop:

silver

Post by silver » Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:02 am

not fenders...since I don't have the money to invest in everything else needed to upgrade I'll keep them black until someone offers me good money for them....then I'll probably sell them LOL

in my defense I did only spin on my first track day ever and haven't spun or gone off track since.

Karl

Post by Karl » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:16 pm

[quote="silver"]
not fenders...since I don't have the money to invest in everything else needed to upgrade I'll keep them black until someone offers me good money for them....then I'll probably sell them LOL

in my defense I did only spin on my first track day ever and haven't spun or gone off track since.
[/quote]

The new fenders aren't for anti-spin, they're there to fix a design error... can you live with a fundamentally flawed car? :D

silver

Post by silver » Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:52 pm

[quote="Karl"]
[quote="silver"]

[/quote]

The new fenders aren't for anti-spin, they're there to fix a design error... can you live with a fundamentally flawed car? :D
[/quote]

fine...you purchase my uprights wheels and tires.....and I'll paint the fenders

silver

Post by silver » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:00 am

got the panels back, they matched the color perfect, but the paint quality was sh1t.

Long story.......................short

sales guy said bring them back, I pointed all the issues out, sat and waited for a week, called his manager and he had no idea they were brought back and said he told the sales guy they don't repair fiberglass nor prep it, only paint it...and I told him that was not disclosed to me

he said come get your parts and we will refund your money.

I got my parts, then they claimed they can't refund on a credit card and have to mail me a check WTF.

annoyed grunt....in the one hand If I get my money back I have 2 painted panels for free...in the other hand the panels have issues that need to be fixed PRIOR to paint like spider cracks and such.....so I'll have to start all over.