US Top Gear Atom?

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
CalScot

US Top Gear Atom?

Post by CalScot » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:59 pm

Top Gear USA just finished taping a bunch of shows here in SOCAL just up the road from me at the old El Toro Marine base. Several of us local Atom owners had tickets and attended the show tapings over the last week. I went to the very last taping on Wednesday.

It was pretty well done and the presenters were very good I thought. One of the main UK producers was in charge. They had some good guest drivers with two interviews the day I was there. We did sign confidentiallity agreements so I guess I should not say anything. I would also hate to spoil it as I hope it does well. Considering all the PISH on TV over here, I can only hope it does find a good spot.

So upon exiting the set, I was introduced to the hosts, one of whom is Tanner Foust. I know a guy who knows him well so we chat a bit. Conversation turns to Atoms, as he drove Shinoo's in "Supercars Exposed", a show he hosted. He seemed really excited I had an Atom. He knew all about the new V8 and he was impressed with Shinoo's Brammo Atom II. When I told him some specs on my Atom he brought over the producers. They seemed really interested in it and wished they knew about it before the final taping. However they said they might still need to re-shoot and run some more segments.
I got a call today from a producer asking me, "Do you really have an this Atom? We might want to do something with it".

I'll keep you all posted, unlesss they make me sign another confidentiality thingy :)

hondahamster

Re: US Top Gear Atom?

Post by hondahamster » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:42 am

Wow!!! :H: that sounds awesome!! I knew you would try to get your car on the show!! GOOD Job :tu:  Just show them your Edmunds review  :drool:
If they need a back up atom, Fiesty's will be there!!  ::)  >:D
P.S.  let me go to the shoot  ;D
-Hammy :angel:

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:55 am

This is certainly interesting.  As is everything the comes from CalScot. 

I assume your car's pretty well setup alignment wise?  If its not perfect, I'd be glad to help any way I can.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:18 am

[quote="dp35"]
This is certainly interesting.  As is everything the comes from CalScot. 

I assume your car's pretty well setup alignment wise?  If its not perfect, I'd be glad to help any way I can.
[/quote]
You know I'll be calling you for set-up specs if they really want to do this. My car is the exact same as that when we ran LS. I'm a creature of habit :)

I hold my breath. Been around this Holloywood crap long enough to know better. Talk is cheap but in Holloywood, it's just all pish.

Do any of you know I am on the sound track of an 80's heavy rock album? No kidding..I'm the key voice over. OMG, now I am lettig too much crap out the bag, LOL. Such an obscure album that it's probably hip by now,  :laugh: It's been a wild ride.

I think I need a V8....I feel the need.....  ;D

Jimmer210

Post by Jimmer210 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:42 am

Perhaps if the payments for using the atom are big enough that V8 can be yours!  ;)

silver

Post by silver » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:02 pm

LOVE IT!!!!!

History Channel gets great shows anyone know when the premier is, the promo commercials do not show the start date?

Mota Leira

Post by Mota Leira » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:42 pm

[quote="hondahamster"]
Just show them your Edmunds review  :drool:
[/quote]

Link?

BTW, Thanks for the TGUSA write up. The other day I was flipping back and forth between supercars exposed and top gear bbc and it was a complete joke. Production has a lot to do with it so I'm hopeful the pros from england will help get this one right. 

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:49 pm

[quote="Mota Leira"]
[quote="hondahamster"]
[/quote]

Link?

BTW, Thanks for the TGUSA write up. The other day I was flipping back and forth between supercars exposed and top gear bbc and it was a complete joke. Production has a lot to do with it so I'm hopeful the pros from england will help get this one right. 
[/quote]

Here is the full article;
http://www.insideline.com/ariel/full-te ... -atom.html

There are a few shorter video cuts on Youtube as well.

silver

Post by silver » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:38 pm

[quote="CalScot"]
[quote="Mota Leira"]
[quote="hondahamster"]
[/quote]

Link?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I just noticed the "as tested" price of $160,000...............damn.

Karl

Post by Karl » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:47 pm

[quote="silver"]
[quote="CalScot"]
[quote="Mota Leira"]
[quote="hondahamster"]
[/quote]

Link?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hopefully that's counting all of the stuff that CalScot has broken on his way to perfection. :)

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:04 am

[quote="Karl"]
[quote="silver"]
[quote="CalScot"]
[quote="Mota Leira"]
[quote="hondahamster"]
[/quote]

Link?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hopefully that's counting all of the stuff that CalScot has broken on his way to perfection. :)
[/quote]

I've never noticed that $160K thing before  ???

I actually stopped counting how much I spent a long time ago. I do not think it's close to $160K though

hondahamster

Post by hondahamster » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:15 am

Oh yes it has.. First the atom cost, then the supercharger, the dog gearbox, and a few rebuilds here and there  ;). Which then inspired you to get into open wheel racing and get mulitple trailers and a big home on wheels.  :o. And that is why you are one of the coolest person I have met.  :tu: ;D
P.s JUST pulling your chain.
-hammy  :angel: :pop:

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Pete, if the producers would like multiple Atoms in their segment, I'll volunteer mine for their use as well.  Feel free to forward my info to anyone at TG in case they're interested.

I went to the taping and spoke to Rutledge Wood about the Atom, and he mentioned that he spoke to Nick about his Atom, too.  We're all loons.  :laugh:

silver

Post by silver » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:26 am

episode two.....supreme improvement....blind drifting was awesome :tu: