FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom

FourFather

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

Post by FourFather » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:30 pm

And just about ready to test!

It looks like it's gonna be Christmas in October!

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

Post by FourFather » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Here is the option list on my new personal/dealership demonstrator. :tu:

Stage 2 300HP
Aluminum Radiator
Wilwood Dynalite Brakes with Track pads
Remote brake bias adjuster
Bilstein Aluminum adjustable dampers with two piece springs
Quick release Steering wheel hub
Individual/Adjustable Seating Package
3 inch 4 point harness with anti-sub belt
Full windshield  -(but it is removable)
Carbon Fiber Wings
17"x9" rear wheels
205/50/15 Yokohama AO48 front tires
255/40/17 AO48 rears
Carbon Fiber Fenders
Passenger Footrest
Road Race Lighting kit
12V Power Source
Silver Chassis and RED Hood/Bonnet and Scoop/Snorkel.  :drool:

Eddie ;D

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:30 am

255 40 17 tires huh?  Interesting the factory is starting to come around it looks like.  Just need to get some fenders that fit over those things

Heywood-Yablowme

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fibe

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:48 am

I'm getting use to the look of the w/s.  Without the big rollbar,might be just fine. :H:  Nice job, Eddie!    By the way,how's the Ecotec hotrod coming?
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monza

Post by Monza » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:40 am

If you have the choice between Yoko A048R and Toyo R888, go to R888 (GG Rear and SG or GGG front)  ;)
Did you ask for Races Springs (main is stiffer, assister is smoother) ? but still confortable on roads.
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:01 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
255 40 17 tires huh?  Interesting the factory is starting to come around it looks like.  Just need to get some fenders that fit over those things
[/quote]

Yes, I was very pleased when TMI made those 255/40/17 available as original equipment! Good move! :tu:

The fenders being the size they are seems to me to make the tire look even larger- :H:

FourFather

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fibe

Post by FourFather » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:32 pm

[quote="MadMaxAtom and company"]
I'm getting use to the look of the w/s.  Without the big rollbar,might be just fine. :H:  Nice job, Eddie!    By the way,how's the Ecotec hotrod coming?
[/quote]

I've been wondering if anyone else besides me changed their mind about the look of the windshield. ??? At first announcement, I did not like it at all! When I ordered this car, which is to be my personal ride and company demonstrator- I ordered it without the windshield. Then, over time, it started to look better and better, until I changed my order to add it, for a couple of reasons.

When I take someone for a demo ride, especially a relatively low-speed ride downtown, we can go without helmets, and we can talk easier. And I understand the windshield is fairly easy to remove, like for track use. And since my other Atom doesn't have a windshield, I can show a prospect both options in the flesh, to help them decide which would be the best for them.

On my Ecotec, the CNC-ported head just arrived back here, and I should have an update for my thread pretty soon. My block is still at M2Race in New Jersey, getting Darton sleeves.

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Finished pictures! :tu:

Best news is-- It is in the trailer and on it's way to Wichita Falls,Texas!! :tu: :drool:

Eddie ;D

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:40 pm

Congrats Eddie. Your showroom will now be complete! :)

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:40 pm

[quote="Monza"]
If you have the choice between Yoko A048R and Toyo R888, go to R888 (GG Rear and SG or GGG front)  ;)
Did you ask for Races Springs (main is stiffer, assister is smoother) ? but still confortable on roads.
[/quote]

TMI does not offer the Toyo. They offer your choice of Yokohama AO48, or Yokohama S.drive.

I did get the two piece spring kit.

My other Atom is a 2006 Ariel Atom II, which I've enjoyed for three and a half years so far, and 6,500 miles, and it also has the AO48's and two piece springs.  I've been quite happy with both, so a natural and easy choice for my additional Atom!

Eddie :)

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:48 pm

[quote="Driver"]
Congrats Eddie. Your showroom will now be complete! :)
[/quote]

Thanks, Ken. What a perfect addition to our inventory of Fun vehicles.

At Eddie Hill's Fun Cycles, Inc., Fun really is our middle name!! :laugh:

Eddie ;D

Monza

Post by Monza » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:26 pm

Great news if it's on the way to you. :tu: not a long wait now.

Tyres : ok, i understand if you change them one day, try the R888 SG or GGG Front, and GG Rear (no gumm choice on rear)

Springs : yes of course you have the 2 pieces Eibach springs. I don't know if it the case in US but in Uk, you can ask for a Race setup (it's free and not in the price list) : little bit more camber (not much) and stiffer Eibach main spring (smoother assister) : better on track and still very good for roads. :tu:

You have the full windscreen but no side panels it seems : you'll feel a lot of Air coming from under the dash and going up in front of your face (much more than with no windscreen at all), that's not a fantastic feeling, but if you can test the windscreen with the side panels on the Atom, you'll really enjoy it : it's become very very "quite" into the Atom. ;)
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:51 am

That is all good information!

Thank you for sharing it with us. :tu:

Eddie ;D