FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
FourFather

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

Post by FourFather » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:46 pm

The new Atom and I are headed to Oklahoma for Hallett Halloween! :tu:

I enjoyed it last year- it was a real scream! >:D

If any of the prospective Atom customers that I have been talking to about checking out my new demo are seeing this---The Atom and I will be at Hallett Motor Raceway, just south of Hallett, Oklahoma, from about 6 PM tonight (Friday Oct 29) 'till about 6 PM Sunday the 31st.

I would love to show and tell about the new Atom, if you can be there!

However, I feel that I must warn you that last year at this event there were ghosts and goblins- so proceed at your own risk! >:D

Eddie ;D

Wmcmanus

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fibe

Post by Wmcmanus » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:22 am

[quote="FourFather"]
The new Atom and I are headed to Oklahoma for Hallett Halloween! :tu:

However, I feel that I must warn you that last year at this event there were ghosts and goblins- so proceed at your own risk! >:D

Eddie ;D
[/quote]

That, and a bunch of happily liquored up Hallett employees (after the track shuts down for the night, of course)... at least if it's anything like Atom Fest.

1965Cobra427

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fibe

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Hey guys, I hooked up with Eddie on Saturday at Hallett and he graciously offered to let me take his new ride out for a session. I had run several sessions that day in my '07 Atom 2 so had a good baseline for the track, weather, etc. To put it bluntly, Eddie's Atom 3 was fantastic. The power was smooth and linear, if not as torquey as my 340hp Ecotech. It took some time to get accustomed to 6 speed gearbox since I have run so many laps there in my 5 speed. Eddie was running the factory A048's so ultimate grip was not as great as my Dunlop slicks, but chassis compliance and composure was significantly better than my car.

Driving the Atom 3 seemed like a well balanced sport sedan and made my car seem more like a go-cart by comparison. Not the power, both we good and honestly I prefer my Ecotech, especially  with the added power courtesy of Tom Smurzynski, but the A3 chassis was more competent and confidence inspiring than either of my A2's.

I ran about 5 seconds a lap slower in Eddie's car, but consider that it was on street tires, I was unfamiliar with the shift pattern and proper gear selection per corner, AND I had a passenger on board. I was also being a little conservative since it was not my car and had not been broken in at the time I drove it.

I am definitely interested in discovering TMI's chassis tuning secret and would love to have that level of chassis on my car.

Thanks Eddie for a great day and the chance to drive an awesome Atom!

FourFather

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

Post by FourFather » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:59 pm

Randy,

Halloween at Hallett was, again, huge fun and will be a great memory. So glad you could make it.

Thanks for taking the time to give me and the rest of the Atom community your input about the Atom 3. I share your impressions almost word for word. I was very impressed with how comfortable and planted, or stable, the ride was/is. I never noticed any trace of twitchiness, or darting, or instability of any sort, and I (with your gracious help) spent quite a bit of chassis/shock/setup/tuning time with my Atom II, to finally arrive at about the same place this Atom 3 is starting out! Big congratulations to TMI for an excellent job. I feel that the new Atom 3 owners will be very happy with the car just exactly the way it comes. What an excellent combination of a stable and comfortable ride, and fantastic grip and controllability and cornering power! :tu:

One weekend was not enough time, for me, to get anywhere near where I think the car will eventually be, lap-time-wise, because, like you said, SO many laps with my Ecotec 5-speed with a different power band and different shift pattern and different ratios, etc. But I am pretty happy with 1:28's in both of the last two sessions, on street AO48 street tires and running the car EXACTLY the way it comes from TMI!

All fun and fast and NO work--that is my kind of weekend! ;D

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:57 pm

Thank you, so does yours!

Eddie :)

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Here are some shots from Hallett Halloween-

Big fun!

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:07 am

Eagles Canyon tomorrow, Nov 20, Track day. I'm taking my Atom 3, and my first customer is bringing his Atom 3, and there are two Atom II's planning to come. Forecast calls for sun and mid-70's :tu:

Eagles Canyon Raceway is about 12 miles NE of Decatur, Texas, on FM 51.

Eddie ;D

rskdsk

Post by rskdsk » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:49 pm

sorry for the neebie question ... but I just love that windshield ... Is that avaialble for a 2006 atom 2 as well

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:21 pm

I know of at least one Atom II that has been retro-fitted with a windshield.

I just compared my 2006 Atom II to my new company demo 2011 Atom 3, and they have the same number of fasteners, three bolts and two mirrors, to hold both on, and the fasteners all appear to be in the same location on both cars.  The cars that are factory equipped with the windshield do, however, have an electrical plug-in for the wiper and washer, included in the wiring harness, that I'm pretty sure the Atom II's don't have.

If you are wanting to make this modification, let me know, and I'll get a more complete answer for you- but yes, it is doable.

Eddie

silver

Post by silver » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:38 pm

I called and got a price, it's doable....and decently priced.....might make the plunge at some point.

rskdsk

Post by rskdsk » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:36 am

It will be a must for me ... the wifey will not even get in the car without one .... hmmmm, maybe not