FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
atomathics

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fibe

Post by atomathics » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:01 am

[quote="rskdsk"]
It will be a must for me ... the wifey will not even get in the car without one .... hmmmm, maybe not
[/quote]

As a member of the AWF (Anti Windscreen Foundation) I'd suggest you try a demo in an Atom with the gunsights (if you haven't done so already) before you decide.

The open-cockpit experience is one of the great, thoroughly unique things about being in an Atom.

99.99999% of other cars have windscreens, so why not enjoy the wide-open panorama?

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

Post by John Scherrer » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:15 am

Yes, but don't forget a 10 minute spanner (wrench) session and you've got the best of both worlds !
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

silver

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

Post by silver » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:08 am

those of use with Brammo 2's with individual seats are MUCH taller in the car versus UK fiberglass seat, so the wind just jumps over the gun sights and smacks you in the face...the main reason I want the windshield.

skilly

Post by skilly » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:15 am

When I get another Atom it will probably have windscreen. Driving long distances it would be much nicer not to have to wear a crash helmet.  I would also have a roll bar.

The fact you can just take the screen off gives you much more flexibility to have the car set-up to suit.

wisp

Post by wisp » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:00 am

[quote="Mark Allen (Captain Atom)"]
When I get another Atom it will probably have windscreen. Driving long distances it would be much nicer not to have to wear a crash helmet.

[/quote]

Not when you end up with a sunburnt nut, like I did after the Cannonball.  :laugh:

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:44 am

FourFather's new Ariel Atom 3 demo days March 26 and 27 at Hallett! :tu:

Y'all come if you can, weather looks great!!

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:48 am

Weather update!  I've never seen the weather change so radically and quickly, but the sun never came out all day today, Sat. 26, and misting rain, and temp in the low 40's (instead of mid-60's like they forecast when I made the first post invitation),  so I never got on track today, and left for home right after lunch.  A few cars tried it briefly but two mustangs and a Cobra ran off track (two of them into the tire wall) while just easing around, they said.  Now there is a freeze warning! from 9 tonite thru 9am Sunday Mar 27.  So I'm typing this from home in Wichita Falls,Tex. instead of Hallett.

We'll try again next month at Hallett, April 23 and 24.

Eddie :)

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Saturday April 9 Ariel Atom 3 demo day  :drool:

If anyone wants to see and hear a new Atom 3, I'm planning to be at Eagles Canyon Raceway from about 8:30 AM 'till around 5PM, and I love to show and tell!

The track is ~12 miles Northeast of Decatur, Texas on highway 51.

Robert, Tom, Silver,-- Y'all come if you can, and bring a friend-- as always, the more Atoms, the merrier!

Forecast is 94 degrees, mostly sunny, and breezy :tu:

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:51 am

Great day at Eagles Canyon!!

Super fun!!

Best lap 1:58.8

Eddie ;D

Ktran

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fibe

Post by Ktran » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:30 am

Eddie, it was nice to see you and your car out there. This car is simply amazing, I really want one!

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Fri May 06, 2011 12:25 am

Eagles Canyon again this Saturday, May 7! :tu:

Post by 777 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:34 am

Eddie, dontcha think you should have a roll bar?

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Thu May 26, 2011 2:13 am

Actually, I do have the roll bar for both my 2006 Atom II, and my 2011 Atom 3 demonstrator.

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Thu May 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Hallett this weekend- May 28 and 29.  I'll be there both days with my company demonstrator 2011 Ariel Atom 3.  So here's your chance look at and play touchy-feely with one that has almost all the options, and see how it runs and handles. :)

Weather forecast as of now is ~80's and sun, no rain showing. :tu:

Eddie ;D

Rocket1

Post by Rocket1 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Eddie, I have watched race in the past. I was at the track ,Dallas, when you set the record.awesome. It sounds like you are a dealer for the atom, do you have any for sale?