FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
FourFather

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

Post by FourFather » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:18 am

[quote="silver"]
did you ask them to install the shocks in the opposite manner versus the Brammo cars or is that now the normal direction to install them.
[/quote]

I didn't request anything different from normal on the shocks, so I imagine that is how they normally do them now.

FourFather

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

Post by FourFather » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:17 pm

It looks pretty racy/cool at night, too. I wonder what the other, Atomless folks think, when they see this.

That beautiful long slender nose, and the roll hoop showing, makes it look even more like a single-seat racecar , at night.

Eddie ;D

McFred

Post by McFred » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:23 pm

It looks great!  Must be nice to have it home!  I'd be interested in yout thoughs on how the different drivetrains compare between your Brammo AA2 and the TMI AA3 and which your prefer.  :tu:

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:02 pm

[quote="McFred"]
It looks great!  Must be nice to have it home!  I'd be interested in yout thoughs on how the different drivetrains compare between your Brammo AA2 and the TMI AA3 and which your prefer.   :tu:
[/quote]

Thank you. It is wonderful to have it here.
I am looking forward to doing my impressions when I have enough seat time to evaluate the new one. So far only 34 miles, and those more familiarization than evaluation.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:27 pm

Looks very nice,especially without the extra rollbar.  8) :tu:

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:52 pm

[quote="MadMaxAtom and company"]
Looks very nice,especially without the extra rollbar.   8) :tu:
[/quote]

Thanks. Max. I prefer the look w/out the roll hoop, too. Plus, the car is lighter and gets better air flow to the rear wing.

I like this angle-

and this one-

this is probably my favorite, so far-

I just LOVE these cars!!
:drool:

Eddie ;D

FrankRizzo

Post by FrankRizzo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:18 pm

[quote="FourFather"]
It looks pretty racy/cool at night, too. I wonder what the other, Atomless folks think, when they see this.
[/quote]

I bet I know!  To quote another great Texan, Hank Hill "What in the HELL?"  :laugh:

http://www.deeplake.com/content/sounds/koth/hank/whatin~1.wav
Last edited by FrankRizzo on Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heywood-Yablowme

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fibe

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:35 am

About the only things that looks out of place are those tractor lights. There has to be something better...  ;)

Mota Leira

Post by Mota Leira » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:49 am

Thanks for posting the pics. Keeping me over until Wednesday when I get mine in similar configuration as yours. Great night photos! Haven't really given much thought to how the atom looks at night, but you're right about it looking even more F1. Tractor lights have always been a weak point for the atom, but at night it doesn't look too shabby.

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:26 pm

[quote="Mota Leira"]
Thanks for posting the pics. Keeping me over until Wednesday when I get mine in similar configuration as yours. Great night photos! Haven't really given much thought to how the atom looks at night, but you're right about it looking even more F1. Tractor lights have always been a weak point for the atom, but at night it doesn't look too shabby.
[/quote]

You are very welcome. Pictures really help a lot to get through the waiting period, don't they.

One thing that does not show too well in the pictures, is that the head and marker lights in front reflect off the top of the wing, and the tail lights reflect off the bottom of the wing, giving some unusual and (to me, anyway,) some very pleasing visuals, that change and move around as your angle of viewing it changes. Pretty cool! :tu:

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:18 am

My new Atom 3 put in it's first day at work at my dealership today, and it seemed to enjoy all the admiring looks and the compliments.

I certainly enjoyed driving it to work and back-- what a cool way to commute! :tu:

Eddie ;D

capblaster

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fibe

Post by capblaster » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:49 am

[[/quote]

Actually, my conversation with you about the windshield and how it works on your car, was a huge factor in my decision to go ahead with putting the windshield on!

I wound up with the best of both worlds. TMI's idea was to have BOTH the full windshield with the hood/bonnet to match, and also the aero screens mounted on another panel, with matching hood/bonnet for that option. That is why I now have both! So, to show a prospective customer that has not made up his mind yet, I can demonstrate the car both ways, with just a few minutes wrenching. :tu:

My car is here now, and I have driven it four miles, and noticed what you found about the right mirror is partially behind the right windshield post. With our forty-four years  selling motorcycles and related parts and accessories, I'll bet we can come up with something, if TMI doesn't beat me to it-

Eddie ;D
[/quote]Glad you like it. If you do have a motorcycle mirror option that works, let me know. The long stalks on the mirrors are 4 inches. They are rectangle, but not really narrow like some of the ones I see.I can also try what Terry said. I am wondering if the the windshield restricts power a little. The airflow stream seems to blow over the intake with the windshield, as opposed to directly into it. Would this result in a slight reduction in power? Either way, it really doesn't matter unless you are on the track, and the windshield is off on the track anyway.

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:20 am

Just a thought Eddie, and it'll cost you money ;) , now when going to Hallett your either going to have to  double deck your flatbed, get a longer one or somehow find a way to get both Atoms to the track. :)

:tu: :tu:

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:37 am

capblaster-

If I spot something appropriate for a mirror that reaches out past the RH windshield post, I'll get in touch with you.

For a maximun effort attempt at a track record, or such, the windshield probably does reduce the ram air effect  at the scoop, or air intake in the hoop. I reached up into the airstream, on the way to work today, checking for just that, and you are right. It does send most of the air over, instead of into the scoop. I imagine the rear wing would probably do a better job w/out the windshield, too. But practically speaking, I'll bet the effect would be small in both cases, maybe too small to measure, even if there were a way to measure.

I'm pretty sure the full windshield gives some pretty significant downforce on its own, at speed, which might make up for the other slight possible negatives? But even though I've had very little seat time so far, I've already made up my mind that the full windshield is a big plus for me for street use, and I plan to use it for all the time I spend on the street. I don't plan to use the full windshield on the track at all, unless it is just to carry prospects for rides.

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:40 am

[quote="Driver"]
Just a thought Eddie, and it'll cost you money ;) , now when going to Hallett your either going to have to  double deck your flatbed, get a longer one or somehow find a way to get both Atoms to the track. :)

:tu: :tu:
[/quote]

Ken, not really a problem. Five or six sessions a day is all I can handle anyway. Ten sessions would put me in the hospital! :laugh: