FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
FourFather

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fibe

Post by FourFather » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:16 pm

[quote="Rocket1"]
Eddie, I have watched race in the past. I was at the track ,Dallas, when you set the record.awesome. It sounds like you are a dealer for the atom, do you have any for sale?
[/quote]

Rocket1, Welcome to the forum.  :tu:

I enjoyed our phone conversation just now, and thank you for the compliment.  I am emailing you information about the Atom 3 and about our dealership, and am sending the price and options list, along with info on my 2011 Ariel Atom 3 demonstrator car.

Thanks again, and we'll talk again soon.

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

Post by FourFather » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Here is a repeat of the options on my new 2011 Ariel Atom 3 personal/dealership demonstrator.

Stage 2 300HP Honda Civic Type R - K20A engine with Jackson Racing Supercharger and six-speed trans  :drool:
Aluminum Radiator
Wilwood Dynalite Brakes with Track pads
Remote brake bias adjuster
Bilstein Aluminum adjustable dampers with two piece springs
Quick release Steering wheel hub
Individual/Adjustable Seating Package
3 inch 4 point harness with anti-sub belt
Full windshield  -(but it is removable) and also the cowl with the small dual windscreens and matching hood/bonnet/nose -best of both worlds :tu:
Carbon Fiber Wings
17"x9" rear wheels
205/50/15 Yokohama AO48 front tires
255/40/17 AO48 rears
Carbon Fiber Fenders
Passenger Footrest
Road Race Lighting kit
12V Power Source
Silver Chassis and RED Hood/Bonnet and Scoop/Snorkel. 

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

Post by FourFather » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:27 pm

This red demonstrator car is sold and paid for, and I will deliver it to the new owner at Eagles Canyon Raceway, 13 miles NE of Decatur, Texas, on October 8.  I'll be there all day to help the new owner familiarize himself with the Atom, and answer any questions from him or anyone else that has an interest in the Atoms. 

I will have the Ariel Atom 3 price and options documents with me, for anyone that wants them, and I will be happy to go over the options and prices with anyone interested. 

Of the three 2012 Ariel Atom 3 cars that I currently have on order and in the build lineup, # AA30147, #AA30009, and #AA30012; only one, #AA30147, is spoken for at this time.

#AA30009 is a maximum performance but minimum price 2012 Ariel Atom 3 with the 300HP Honda K20A engine with the Jackson Racing supercharger and the performance-tuned Engine Control Module with the Honda close ratio six-speed with Limited Slip Differential, the Wilwood Sport brakes, the aluminum radiator, and the battery master cutoff switch.

#AA30012 has all that, plus the cockpit-adjustable brake bias, Bilstein adjustable dampers with the two-piece springs, quick release steering wheel, 3 inch four point harness with anti-sub belt and belt pads, aero screens, the beautiful Carbon Fiber wings front and rear, the maximum-traction front 15" and rear 17" AO48 tire and wheel package, the passenger footrest, and the 12 volt power source .

Either one of these cars could be reserved for you with a deposit, and save you some of the waiting/building time, but both are still early enough in the building process that you could make some changes in the options to suit your preference.

Y'all come if you can make it--several other Atoms are scheduled to appear- Eagles Canyon with Ariel Atoms is a fun place to hang out!

Eddie ;D
Last edited by FourFather on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:40 am

Reminder-

Eagles Canyon this Saturday, Oct. 8.  :vroom:    Driver's meeting at 8:30.

I'll be there all day, for anyone who wants to talk about,  :wize:  or buy, an Atom.  :-*

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Finished, tested, and ready to ship to Wichita Falls, Texas!  #AA30012, My new demonstrator/show car for 2012!

As we say in Texas--YEEHAAA!! :tu: :drool:

Life is GOOD!! :vroom:
Eddie ;D

wattie

Post by wattie » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Congrats, hope you get some interest cos it looks great!

Cheers Wattie

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Thanks, Wattie.  Interest IS actually building as the word spreads about how much fun these amazing cars are.

This orange Atom is also coming to our dealership, and is already sold to a gentleman that has already bought my 2011 Atom 3 demo--He now owns TWO!  My kind of guy! 

Eddie ;D
Last edited by FourFather on Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:18 pm

And now, this yellow one is sold, to a gentleman in Texas, before it has had a chance to be shipped ! :tu: :vroom:

I love getting three at once, especially with all being spoken for already!

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:25 am

All three of my new 2012 Ariel Atom 3's are in an enclosed transport, in transit, and are more than halfway here! 

Scheduled delivery of my new 300HP red one with wings, big rubber and all the good stuff, is for tomorrow afternoon. ;D

My two sold customer's cars are being transported/delivered along with mine, the orange 300HP to be delivered here in Wichita Falls, Texas, and the yellow 300HP one to be delivered to my customer in the Dallas area.

Now my problem---

HOW AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO SLEEP TONIGHT??? :D

Eddie ;D

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:45 am

It will be like Christmas come very early or a little late. Enjoy Eddie and as the song goes 'you can sleep when you are dead'.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:07 am

How about this (unsolicited) email I just received from my latest Atom buyer--

Quote;
Dear Sirs,

It has been 10 yrs since I raced 125 Shifter karts & 250 Shifter karts in anger here in Texas on the track. Even though five of those years  have

been on 600cc &  1000cc track bikes, I evidently haven’t forgotten everything.

My new Atom 3 # AA300XX in my humble opinion is the following;

1)      Constructed with excellent workmanship/craftsmanship,

2)      Well designed in balance and efficiency,

3)      Excellent in power to weight balance,

4)      Excellent in performance grip feedback along with taught controls all around,

5)      Truly Is as user friendly as a fast track vehicle can be (minimum mass),

6)      Better than most 250 shifter karts in handling, balance, rotation & throttle control,

7)      A true friend to the driver that can accurately steer with both the wheel and the throttle.

After today, with only 100 track miles on the motor & the street Yokahamas, I’m already looking forward to the performance gains when the engine is fully ready. I can certainly tell the thing will be truly quick with track slicks and a few more coil over/dampening tweaks. Still, as it was economically purchased; it points well, has minimum push on entry, responds perfectly to throttle, and promptly asks for the rest of the gas.

Bless you guys for this wonderful “track toy”.  unquote

And this was just his first day!  I believe he is a happy customer and one of us!!  What do y'all think?

Eddie ;D

PaulP

Post by PaulP » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:48 pm

A write up to be proud of.

The tyres the guy has on his car, are they Yokohama AS01 Sdrive? What made you chose them, and how do they perform?

I'm always looking for a different tyre option, and being road bias I'm not after eyeball dislodging cornering.

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:10 pm

I originally specified the Yokohama Sdrive (the standard,no-upcharge wheel-tire choice) to keep the selling price in the 50K range, instead of in the 60's.  I ordered this car for showroom stock, in August 2011, believing that a customer would be more apt to buy, if he could have the car when he wanted it, instead of ~six months later.
And sure enough this customer bought the car after it was finished, but before it was shipped here. 

So, the car being still at the factory, he could specify some upgrades before shipment, which he did.  He chose not to upgrade the wheel/tire selection at this time, so he could study the car and what all might be available in the way of wheels and tires, and do that upgrade later, and better informed.

The transporter brought all three of my cars in the same trailer, and after we unloaded the two that were staying here, I checked out the tires and some other things on his car, which was to be taken directly to the customer.  The Sdrive tires look good on the car, in my opinion, and were surprisingly soft and supple to the thumbnail-penetration test.  I did not take my durometer rubber hardness tester into the trailer to get an official reading, but they felt softer than the AO48's on my new car.

I have not driven on the Sdrives, but the customer certainly seems to like them, judging from the email posted above.

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:18 am

Three Ariels to see in North Texas.

The black one (actually Carbon Fiber bodywork) is my 2006 Ariel Atom II, with Ecotec LSJ that I personally modified, now 2.2 liters with Harrop supercharger, forged pistons and rods, CNC-ported, Darton heavy-duty sleeves, oversize valves, hi-rpm valve springs and titanium retainers- Comp Cams, lots of good stuff!  In the sixth year of use/fun now, with over 7000 miles of mixed street and track use.  I have driven the Atom almost twice as much as the Ford in the background, and I received them both at the same time.

The Red one is my new 2012 Ariel Atom 3 demonstrator/show car, and it has the 300 HP Honda K20a engine with the Jackson racing supercharger, the Honda close-ratio six-speed with Limited slip differential, Carbon Fiber wings, Wilwood track brakes with the cockpit-adjustable brake balance control, the Bilstein adjustable shocks with dual springs, lots of good options.

The Orange one is a brand new 2012 Ariel Atom 3 that is optioned/equipped almost exactly the same as my demonstrator.  It is sold and paid for, but will be here for viewing for a while.

I show these by appointment- if you'd like to check them out, give me a call and we'll set up a time. :tu:

By the way- today is the 24th anniversary of my (and the world's) first four second quarter-mile run!
4.990 elapsed time, 288.55 MPH at the finish line.  On the day that seemed to demand it, 4/9/88!!
:vroom: :checkeredflag:  What fun!!

Eddie  ;D