FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
FourFather

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

Post by FourFather » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:31 am

Here is a picture from Hallett June 1 and 2.  This is my new 2012 Atom 3 "company car" demonstrator with the track wheels and tires on.  Ran a best of 1:21.3, which was better than any other cars time that I was aware of, except for the yellow ex-Jim Hall Pennzoil indycar, which was well into the teens with one of Bondurant's instructors driving. It was awesome being on track with an Indycar, but I didn't get to see it for very long!!  :vroom: :checkeredflag:

Eddie ;D

rbuckingham

Re: FourFather Eddie Hill’s new Ariel Atom 3 build pictures- 300 HP, carbon fiber

Post by rbuckingham » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:36 pm

what track wheel/tire combination is that Eddie?

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:01 pm

The Track wheels and tires that I run, and sell to my customers, is an 8x15 front and a 10 x15 rear wheel, with the Hoosier Autocross tires.  The wheels are made for us, to our specs, by Keizer and they are ultralight, three piece, with real magnesium centers and spun aluminum rim halves. About 10 and a half pounds each! In my case this wheel/tire combo saves me forty-two pounds!! of unsprung, rotating weight, from the original equipment.  They make a dramatic difference in the car. 

We sell the full set of four wheels, identical to the ones I run, for $1959.00 delivered. 

Or the full set of four wheels with the tires, mounted and balanced, and ready to bolt on, for $3255.64, plus shipping, and tax if required.

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:47 am

Here are some readings from Hallett, the weekend I was chasing the Indycar.  This new Traqdash gathers lots of info!

I just absolutely LOVE these cars!  Especially not having to work on them!

Huge fun! :vroom: :checkeredflag:

Eddie ;D

toms

Post by toms » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:50 am

Nice driving Eddie - that's some good lateral G  :tu:

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:30 pm

Very good lateral G

Wouldn't you need to bounce off the walls to achieve that figure !
I thought around 1.5G was up there - maybe it's the slicks?
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:41 pm

This post is for anyone interested, that has not already seen the other thread about the Rin'N"Gun event-

Kit Car Builder magazine, Feb 2013, pages 52 through 54, has some excellent things to say about our Ariel Atoms!  The article covers the 25th annual Run'N'Gun event, held this time at Hallett Motor Raceway just west of Tulsa, Oklahoma.

I entered this event with my 2012 Ariel Atom 3 demonstrator/company car, and was blessed with winning four first place trophies. The trophies were for Time Trials, Road course, Autocross, and a larger one that says Overall Champion. 

The Autocross was held on the third and last day of the event and was huge fun for me.  I had never even seen an Autocross before, let alone driven one, but the Atom's superior acceleration, braking, and handling, (not to mention being able to see the cones better)  more than made up for my lack of experience, and  we had Fast Time of the Day. 

My Atom 3 is stock except for the track wheels and tires (and I take the fenders off when I run the track tires), and an unmuffled pipe in place of the stock muffler.  There were some very expensive cars there, and they all had V-eights, some with over 500hp.  It seemed to me that a high percentage of the other cars were spending a good bit of time working on their cars, whereas the Atom, as usual, required nothing more than adding some pump gas.  I do check tire pressures and lug nuts, but no air needed adding, and lug nuts did not move.

To go to a prestigious national event like this and have "the fastest thing on the track" (their words, not mine),  and be able to relax and drink Dr. Pepper between sessions instead of having to work on my car like so many of the guys with their more expensive machines, was really satisfying to me, and validates my belief in, and passion for, the incredible Ariel Atom.

Congratulations, every one that is blessed with owning one of these fantastic Cars!

Eddie :)

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:55 pm

Another couple pictures from Hallett-

Eddie  :vroom:
Last edited by FourFather on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Upshift

Post by Upshift » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:15 am

Nice work Eddie!  Great driving, as usual.  :tu:

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:07 am

just now saw the g-force stat...is this possible  ;D MAX on a ferrari F430 lateral G's is about 0.95 I've heard, that's a big difference!

Nice pics too.
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:58 pm

[quote="AZAtom"]
Nice work Eddie!  Great driving, as usual.  :tu:
[/quote]

Thank you.

(But the car deserves the credit much more than I do)  :-[

Eddie :)

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:59 pm

Here is FourFather's Atom 3 demonstrator in action at Hallett.  Big Fun!  :vroom:

Eddie FourFather Hill and his Ariel Atom 3 passing racecars at Hallett in 2013

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Pictures of Eddie FourFather Hill's  2012 Ariel Atom 3 demonstrator/company car at Hallett Motor Raceway, near Tulsa, Oklahoma.

[img width=1024 height=682]http://imgtree.net/files/jzz2rtbqclu1lqgaij6q.jpg[/img]

[img width=1024 height=682]http://imgtree.net/files/leypx31dq1kkz8ruo9lg.jpg[/img]

[img width=1024 height=682]http://imgtree.net/files/zf09b1zcb1y3xobpmo1s.jpg[/img]

It is always fast, and I hardly ever have to work on it!  :tu:

Eddie  :vroom:  :checkeredflag: