[/quote]

How else?
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (6.48 KiB) Viewed 2972 times

DSL

Re: Lifeline Light Installed on Atom 3

Post by DSL » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Yes, this unit has 10 different programmable flashing modes, and one or two look like the quick flashing seen on the F1 cars.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:38 pm

[quote="david42581"]
Yes, this unit has 10 different programmable flashing modes, and one or two look like the quick flashing seen on the F1 cars.
[/quote]

Do you have a link to where I can purchase said unit ?  Is it made by Lifeline ?

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:37 pm

[quote="david42581"]
Yes, I like this so much, I ordered a second one. I intend to replace the reverse lamp, put a Lifeline in its place that will flash (found a nice led programmable flasher). I will put a smaller round reverse lamp in the middle (have to find a nice led one).

David
[/quote]

As someone that could be driving behind you (well, in the figurative sense, of course!) I wouldn't expect a reversing light to be flashing red.

Eventually you'd start moving backwards so I'd figure it out, but I think reverse lights are intentionally white so pedestrians and other drivers know immediately that your car may be moving in reverse.

Have you seen these white LED fixtures?  The first one looks like a close match to the standard Ariel fixture.

http://www.mobilecentre.co.uk/80mm-x-80 ... p-429.html
and
http://www.mobilecentre.co.uk/80mm-x-80 ... -p-44.html

DSL

Post by DSL » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:20 pm

My intention is not to elminate the white reverse lamp, I want to get a smaller round one that would go in between the 2 lifelines. One lifeline hooked to the brakes, the other to fcn. as a flashing rain light.

DSL

Post by DSL » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Here is the 2nd lifeline installed, this one serves as a flashing rain light, the left side is hooked to the brake lamps. I like it!!!
Attachments
IMG_2375.JPG

DSL

Post by DSL » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:39 pm

View without the lamps lit.
Attachments
IMG_2372.JPG

DSL

Post by DSL » Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:41 pm

Now I can't go in reverse because I eliminated the lamp, oh well, if I backup I will scream!!

Upshift

Post by Upshift » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:57 pm

I like the dual set-up.  Well done!

smokin

Post by smokin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:31 pm

Just made myself a reversing light from a second hand lifeline rain-light that was being sold for a tenner as one of the LEDs was damaged.

Was hoping to be able to open it up and replace the LEDs - no such luck. The insides have a compound poured in that turns it into a solid block. So made a new circuit board, order 60 LEDs and made a new back plate. Blow me it worked first time. Total cost including second hand light, copper clad board, etching solution, volt regulators and LEDs - £30 and very happy with the result.
Attachments
20130922_190908.jpg
Atom 2 300, Ginetta G40 GT5 - UK

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:15 pm

Nice one!

And good effort on the DIY - It looks better balanced up with a pair... :tu: