About to buy a 2007 Atom 2

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
nigel0434

About to buy a 2007 Atom 2

Post by nigel0434 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:58 am

It will be in texas. What issues are there to getting it registered in Texas. It was registered in California..

silver

Re: About to buy a 2007 Atom 2

Post by silver » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:11 am

registration is easy, inspection will prove to be more difficult, is it a honda or ectotec motor?

nigel0434

Post by nigel0434 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:33 am

Ecotec Supercharged.

Has the front wing and an extra back wing.

silver

Post by silver » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:38 am

ok the ecotec has a better time getting approved for the inspection because it has obd2 your ecu will have to pass with regards to the readiness monitors and you'll have to hook up the check engine light all of the directions are on here just search for them

nigel0434

Post by nigel0434 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:46 am

Windshield wipers are not a problem?

silver

Post by silver » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:50 am

nope the law says a car that comes manufactured with a windshield has to have wipers and no one in texas has questioned our bubbles as a windshield so were good

nigel0434

Post by nigel0434 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:54 am

great.....I wll run it around MSR Houston and Gransport in Hitchcock as well as on the street. Already have Lotuses just something else to enjoy...

positron

Post by positron » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:03 am

Good to have another tracker on board. I ran MSR in '07 and Eagles Cyn in '09.

Stay tuned, I'm working on a trip to TWS in April.. that means you too Silver so start charging that dead battery.. Image

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:39 am

[quote="Positron"]
I'm working on a trip to TWS in April.
[/quote]

Just so you know, TWS has concrete walls that are too much for some people's comfort level.

Here is a video of the place.

Don't you find yourself just wanting to slap some of those other cars out of the way?
Last edited by Radowick on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:27 pm

Did somebody say walls?  8)

(actually, that doesn't look near as bad as infineon)

McFred

Post by McFred » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:54 pm

I've got friends in TX that have registered kit cars without windshields.  Some higher popluation counties have a gaseous emissions test you might need to pass though.  With a proper tune it should not be difficult though.

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:59 pm

I have run it in the opposite direction 2 years ago which had some cars smack the walls. But you are right, it does not look bad at all running it this video's direction. Or did they get sneaky and move some barriers since?    

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:23 pm

In some smaller populated counties you don't have to pass a emissions test (and the Inspection is about half as much $$ as well.). Due to cost of equipment and their rural nature they're exempt. Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas etc.. and it's a must.

silver

Post by silver » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:04 pm

[quote="McFred"]
I've got friends in TX that have registered kit cars without windshields.  Some higher popluation counties have a gaseous emissions test you might need to pass though.  With a proper tune it should not be difficult though.
[/quote]

the car passes emissions on the stock tune, BUT, it doesn't have the MIL hooked up which will fail you no matter where you are in Texas b/c it has to be hooked up and also has to be off, which on the factory tune it turns on all the time because of the security system.

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:19 pm

Silver if they don't do a emissions test then they don't plug into your port so they have no way to check it for no mil. I'll have to check next time I go in for a inspection (San Marcos) but I believe it's purely a visual only in outlying areas, no machine.  It's possible even in outlying areas a tech, depending on their mood could flunk the visual if they don't see a catalytic convertor. Of course if you are in a major Met area the machine shows all as Silver said, not just emissions but PCM check issues like the mil and everything. It's the equivalent of going to the doctor, dropping your drawers and being asked to cough while they fondle your bits.  :o