Any Atom in Ontario, Canada or am I the only ONE?

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
godisgr8

Any Atom in Ontario, Canada or am I the only ONE?

Post by godisgr8 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:07 am

I heard that black one is in Ontario but not confirmed.

maverick1

Re: Any Atom in Ontario, Canada or am I the only ONE?

Post by maverick1 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:10 am

I know a while back a gentleman named Chip had the one and only Atom in Ontario, Canada.
Did you buy Chips car?

godisgr8

Post by godisgr8 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:13 am

No. Mine came from Chicago. I heard there might be a black one here in Toronto but not certain. You in Ontario?

BobR

Post by BobR » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:42 pm

Don't know about Ontario but there are six of us with Atom 3 300's here in Montreal. We play with them at Le Circuit Mont Trremblant (www.lecircuit.com).

The Eastern Canadian Distributor is here in Montreal.  We are planning mods - especially wider wheels for the rear. The car needs more rubber out back.

Best,

godisgr8

Post by godisgr8 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:24 pm

Hi,
Just PM'd you today. Please let me know how I could contact you guys.
Thanks.

F1cc.ca

Post by F1cc.ca » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:15 pm

Auto Ferah in Montreal do a lot of track days at Mont Tremblant with the Atm, check out www.F1cc.ca

bambam

Post by bambam » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:22 am

Any of you been able to get them legal on the roads other then Chip?  Who is the dealer locally in Montreal please?

godisgr8

Post by godisgr8 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:25 am

Mine is Legal and driven in the streets of Toronto. Do you have one now?

bambam

Post by bambam » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:29 am

No looking seriously at getting one though & wanted some info.  How tough was it to get it registered for you?  I have imported porsches from the states & got them registered before but this seems much different from what I am reading on line.  I am looking to buy one if I can find a decent one available.  Any help would be appreciated.  Also are there any owners here that have track days to race them against each other?

godisgr8

Post by godisgr8 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:25 am

Bambam, it's kind of a bitch to get it registered here in Canada. It's great on the track but it's absolute Awesome on the streets. This thing freaks people out literally.
Either take it to Mosport or Shannonville.

bambam

Post by bambam » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:34 am

For sure if I can get one regesitered for the streets here I will get one.  & that being said I will have it at both Mosport & Shannonville for sure if I can get it registered here.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:53 am

Mosport in an Atom will be an eye opener. :H:  I have run there,but not in my Atom.

I should be at Circuit Mt.Tremblant in August (2nd and 3rd) With the COM club,and you guys are welcome to sign up to attend the event. The first day is practice for 4 sessions with an instructor,if you do not have a competition license. The second day is practice solo,(if you instructor signs you off from the day before) and after lunch, we start time trials. Then, OPEN TRACK  till closing. Last time,I got 3 full hours of open track.That was a LOT of laps..I put 400 miles on my car.  Don't worry about classes,the Atom runs in PB, which means you will need a fire suit,an SA2000 or newer helmet,and a $40 set of arm restraints. See you there!   

Link.. http://www.comscc.org/events/
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.