Trucks and tail of the dragon!

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
Wmcmanus

Trucks and tail of the dragon!

Post by Wmcmanus » Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:06 am

Interesting pics and a good read here: http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon_trucks.html

Bottom line is that, believe it or not, you still may encounter a semi truck or two somewhere along the way and need to be looking for them so you can stop and get out of their way before it's too late!

Terry Kennedy

Re: Trucks and tail of the dragon!

Post by Terry Kennedy » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:08 am

[quote="Wmcmanus"]
Bottom line is that, believe it or not, you still may encounter a semi truck or two somewhere along the way and need to be looking for them so you can stop and get out of their way before it's too late!
[/quote]

It isn't just semi trucks. As I was heading up the Dragon on the NC side, I saw a house-moving trailer ("Oversize Load") parked on the side of the road just past Cheoah Dam. I went over the Dragon, played around on the Foothills Parkway, and came back up the Dragon a couple hours later. I stopped at the Overlook and asked if the house had come by yet. About half of the people had seen it, and another half hadn't. What was odd was that there wasn't any order to who had seen it and who hadn't - makes me wonder how they could have missed it. As I headed back up, I ran into a pilot-fish truck warning that it was coming:

And then the house came by a few seconds later: