Some TMI Ariel Atom Factory photos

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
curt

Re: Some TMI Ariel Atom Factory photos

Post by curt » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:14 am

Mark Swain strapped in for the test drive.
Attachments
IMG_1482small.jpg

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:54 am

Nah Shinoo, I like it too

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:56 am

I like the pads on the individual seats. Shame they don't offer them on the one piece.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

Kempo

Post by Kempo » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:59 pm

I kind of like the windshield. The new location for the e brake handle looks weird IMO.

McFred

Post by McFred » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:49 pm

Still needs a cup holder.    ;D

silver

Post by silver » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:21 pm

[quote="Kempo"]
I kind of like the windshield. The new location for the e brake handle looks weird IMO.
[/quote]

not sure if you know but I'm 99% sure the e brake is just another change back to match the UK models...so from their perspective it's back where it should be.

Brammo's mule car had the e brake in that side location.  I think it might get in the way of my hip...but it sure would be cool to do some e brake slides or something in a huge parking lot.....when I'm about to get rid of my tires. :)

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:45 pm

[quote="silver"]
[quote="Kempo"]
[/quote]

not sure if you know but I'm 99% sure the e brake is just another change back to match the UK models...so from their perspective it's back where it should be.

Brammo's mule car had the e brake in that side location.  I think it might get in the way of my hip...but it sure would be cool to do some e brake slides or something in a huge parking lot.....when I'm about to get rid of my tires. :)
[/quote]

Yep that is the UK position.  I don't think anyone has had problems with it getting in the way of their hip.  My only problem with it is you can sometimes knock the handbrake warning light on with your leg / belt but not often.

Karl

Post by Karl » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="silver"]
[quote="Kempo"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep that is the UK position.  I don't think anyone has had problems with it getting in the way of their hip.  My only problem with it is you can sometimes knock the handbrake warning light on with your leg / belt but not often.
[/quote]

I think the change was to accommodate the Recaros... there is little wiggle room as is, not to mention space for an ebrake handle!

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:50 am

[quote="Karl"]
[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="silver"]
[quote="Kempo"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the change was to accommodate the Recaros... there is little wiggle room as is, not to mention space for an ebrake handle!
[/quote]

I think it was simpler than that.  Isn't the stated aim for TMI Atoms to be the same as Ariel Atoms in most / all aspects of specification which will be the UK specification

The previous US e-brake position must have required a different frame (I guess)

Ben

Karl

Post by Karl » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:22 am

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Karl"]
[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="silver"]
[quote="Kempo"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it was simpler than that.  Isn't the stated aim for TMI Atoms to be the same as Ariel Atoms in most / all aspects of specification which will be the UK specification

Ben
[/quote]

Yeah, now that TMI is not using racing buckets where the UK factory isn't, they can carry over all of the UK interior bits. I was referring to the Brammo change to the Nissan pull-handle as accommodating the Recaros/Sparcos. More standardization = good, but they seem to have carried over some of the undesirable features as well, such as the rod ends in bending up front.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:41 am

[quote="Karl"]
[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="Karl"]
[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="silver"]
[quote="Kempo"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ben
[/quote]

Yeah, now that TMI is not using racing buckets where the UK factory isn't, they can carry over all of the UK interior bits. I was referring to the Brammo change to the Nissan pull-handle as accommodating the Recaros/Sparcos. More standardization = good, but they seem to have carried over some of the undesirable features as well, such as the rod ends in bending up front.
[/quote]

Right got it.  So the TMI car has the lighter suspension now ;)

Ben

p.s. Why are you still awake

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:10 pm

My first auto slalom event and the e-brake dug into my left fore-arm. It's left a scar but it looks kinda cool ;D