Ecotec Solutions are Coming!

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
silver

Re: Ecotec Solutions are Coming!

Post by silver » Fri May 01, 2009 12:39 pm

I'm fairly certain it has a longer 1st gear, which makes 1st even MORE usable...........please correct me if I'm wrong

1st gear on UK or Atom 3 Hondas is well known as a useless gear b/c you hit redline too fast.

1st gear on Brammo atom 2's at least get's you to 40mph
but in cars like the z06 1st gear get's you to 62mph.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri May 01, 2009 12:52 pm

Useable for what? First gear is for getting the car rolling so you can get into the important gears. Unless you are drag racing,first gears ratio is not of much consequence.Most Atom owners know the fastest way to launch the car is with second anyway. The more I think about it,the less I want to spend the money on another gear. What would be more welcome( for me)  is a fix to the angled 5th gear engagement and dead spot next to it.It just feels so..vague.

silver

Post by silver » Fri May 01, 2009 12:54 pm

[quote="Curator"]
Useable for what? First gear is for getting the car rolling so you can get into the important gears. Unless you are drag racing,first gears ratio is not of much consequence.Most Atom owners know the fastest way to launch the car is with second anyway. The more I think about it,the less I want to spend the money on another gear. What would be more welcome( for me)  is a fix to the angled 5th gear engagement and dead spot next to it.It just feels so..vague.
[/quote]
the fastest way to launch a brammo atom is NOT in 2nd....sorry it just doesn't work well in this car........on the UK models yeah but not on yours or mine.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri May 01, 2009 2:02 pm

Wanna bet? ;D  You'll need a good clutch.... ;)

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Fri May 01, 2009 2:08 pm

[quote="silver"]
[quote="Curator"]
[/quote]
the fastest way to launch a brammo atom is NOT in 2nd....sorry it just doesn't work well in this car........on the UK models yeah but not on yours or mine.
[/quote]

Silver, you may be right, ... to launch the car.  When you add the shift to second, I don't see it.  I still beleive the quickest 0-60 or 0-62 or 0-71.3 is to start in second.  The six speed second is shorter for this anyway.

silver

Post by silver » Fri May 01, 2009 3:08 pm

[quote="Curator"]
Wanna bet? ;D   You'll need a good clutch.... ;)
[/quote]

yes I do and I have the proof on my youtube site....dumped in 2nd gear at 5500rpm...guess what.......it balked bad off the start.......don't tell me you're going to redline it and dump it into 2nd..

I was very nervous about trying it in 2nd at 5500rpm but I did and it sucked. 

1st gear with NO revving and letting the clutch out with about 30% throttle to start is the way to launch the brammo atom.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri May 01, 2009 5:34 pm

Maybe with your crap ass Yokos. ;D

silver

Post by silver » Fri May 01, 2009 5:36 pm

Touche 

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri May 01, 2009 6:15 pm

You guys keep spare axles then right? 

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Fri May 01, 2009 6:24 pm

[quote="shinoo"]
I plan to have this car at Atomfest with wings AND power to match.   :)
[/quote]

Yeaaaaa!!! POWER and SPEED at ATOMFEST!!!! I can't wait!

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri May 01, 2009 6:41 pm

Who has broken an axle?Anyone? 8)

Is Randy good or what!

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Fri May 01, 2009 6:51 pm

[quote="Curator"]
Who has broken an axle?Anyone? 8)
[/quote]

Calscott did.

But then, he can break ANYTHING.

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri May 01, 2009 6:57 pm

One guy destroyed his tranny at the drag strip too.  I dont think these cars should even be attemping 0-60 times

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri May 01, 2009 9:12 pm

Baah!  It's all about technique ;)   If I thought my Atom could not take abuse,I would sell it tomorrow.  I beat on poor Max like it is a rental car. ;D   Max just says.."Thank you Sir,may I have another!"

Now...my Chinese Joyner 800 Viper buggy is another matter.. >:(  That didn't last one "track" day before the left rear wheel came flying off. Needs a new hub,bearing and axle... :P
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Fri May 01, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver

Post by silver » Sat May 02, 2009 1:07 am

a local Tx owner has broken an axle ( he can name himself if he so choses and at least 2 more have broken axles that we have seen...I'm sure searching would bring up the old threads.