Turbocharging my TMI atom 3 K20

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
Gage

Re: Turbocharging my TMI atom 3 K20

Post by Gage » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Scott,  I know some of us (Raising my hand and waving enthusiastically) would love to see pictures of your turbo installation on your Atom.    :pop: :drool:

silvertt

Post by silvertt » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:34 am

Will do. Going to Orlando in next couple of days to finally bring the car back home to my garage. I'll get some good pics of everything very soon. Ended up going with Motec fuel injection and the Motec dash and it really is awesome, the smoothness of the engine's power curve is second to none with the Motec. The turbocharger makes the most wicked blow off noises (ecspecially right next to your ear.)  sounds that I have heard thatIt has taken a long time to get everything right but it is definetley worth it now that it is almost done. Did a couple more pulls on the dyno today... will update soon with latest power we achieve. I think we will need about 20 psi to get the power where I want it. Hopefully I will pick up the car tomorrow. :)

silvertt

Post by silvertt » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:49 am

Update: My atom made 510.76 hp. at the rear wheels today and the torque, was 291.58. I tried to post some pics of the turbo setup and the dyno graph but couldnt get them to load correctly. Will get it figured out soon and I'll be bringing the car home this monday >:D yeah!!!

silver

Post by silver » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:11 am

2 words

JESUS

CHRIST

silver

Post by silver » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:12 am

NEXT THOUGHT.

you out do my hp by 230, but my tq by less than 40.

I would have thought, even being a honda that torque would be at least 350, but that's just my ignorance, not a dig at your tune by any means.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:46 pm

I really want to see a video of this in action. Not so much to see the car, but to see & hear your reaction; squealing like a teenage girl  ;D

Gage

Post by Gage » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:41 pm

[quote="silvertt"]
Update: My atom made 510.76 hp. at the rear wheels today and the torque, was 291.58. I tried to post some pics of the turbo setup and the dyno graph but couldnt get them to load correctly. Will get it figured out soon and I'll be bringing the car home this monday >:D yeah!!!
[/quote]

Fantastic!  LoL!!!!  I wish I could take a ride. 

Monza

Post by Monza » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:59 pm

:tu: :tu: now waiting for pics and video, and hoping it'll be reliable enought for you to drive it a long time !!
Jean-Pascal
Atom 3.5 310 Honda LHD

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:33 pm

impressive  :tu: dont forget a full list of what rework the engines had, should make an interesting read..... nice work  :tu:

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:38 am

Congrats on a great project.  Now let's see the pics!

shinoo

Post by shinoo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:26 pm

[quote="payne"]
...Actually, I'd probably prefer a 17" if money was no issue to get more tire height and thus a bit better gearing, especially with 350+ rwhp!

JP
[/quote]

...coming soon to an Atom Tuner near you... ;)

shinoo

Post by shinoo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:27 pm

[quote="silvertt"]
[/quote]

That is crazy sweetness!  >:D

silvertt

Post by silvertt » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:09 pm

I have a short video up on youtube. Search "rsp ariel atom" it is 3:36 sec. long, and it's a video of some cold tire laps with a passenger, who had never rode in the car before, it was an empty, closed off subdivision near my home, so please don't get to upset for runnin a couple stop signs, place is empty. Enjoy.

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

deepdiver

Post by deepdiver » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:52 pm

That dump valve is like a gun shot going off, sounds ace. :tu: :drool:

george