Quality of TMIs Carbon Fiber

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
slowcharles

Quality of TMIs Carbon Fiber

Post by slowcharles » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:42 pm

I am thinking of kitting  out my atom in Carbon Fiber. Does TMI do a good job in this regard?

slowcharles

Re: Quality of TMIs Carbon Fiber

Post by slowcharles » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Oh and I have another question. It seems like the cost of a TMI supercharger is close to $7500. Which seems quite high. Is there any reason I shouldn't by the naturally aspirated engine and at some point when I feel willing- slap a supercharge on myself?

silver

Post by silver » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Welcome back Charles,

Their costs on body parts seems low, much lower than brammo, for what it's worth.

I Have not seen the carbon up close so I can't give you an accurate statement on that.  I have seen the windshield and I like it a lot.

also comparing costs from brammo to TMI

Brammo $5000 got you different injectors and a smaller pulley and a dual bypass end plate (if they remembered to install it)
TMI $7500 gets you a supercharger (plus whatever ancillary items I don't know about)

I'd say it's a banging deal :)

SaturnV

Post by SaturnV » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:32 pm

I can testify that TMI's carbon workmanship is top-notch. I have the carbon wings and they look fantastic after 1 year.

SpatialThreat

Post by SpatialThreat » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:31 pm

[quote="slowcharles"]
Oh and I have another question. It seems like the cost of a TMI supercharger is close to $7500. Which seems quite high. Is there any reason I shouldn't by the naturally aspirated engine and at some point when I feel willing- slap a supercharge on myself?
[/quote]

Call Mark Swain and talk to him.  Maybe if you vary your options a little he can work the prices a little  :tu: .  Squeaky wheel gets the grease.
All I can say is a balked at at the S/C cost.  Just thought I didnt need it for the cost diff.  Mark thought otherwise and convinced me...  SO HAPPY!!!  :vroom:

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:01 pm

TMI's carbon fiber parts are excellent.  :wize:     Better looking than some of the (more expensive) parts I ran on my 320+MPH dragster. You won't be disappointed in the quality.

Eddie ;D
Last edited by FourFather on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Tue May 24, 2011 2:37 pm

I recently purchased a CF front wing from TMI. It was shipped to them from the UK. Looks excellent.