Seller's Remorse

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
Matt F

Seller's Remorse

Post by Matt F » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:51 am

Hi, everyone.

I was one of the first ten US Atom owners.  I got in the Brammo queue quickly, and got my car, well sorted and exactly like I wanted.  It was fully specc'd out, with carbon everything and the 230 bhp Ecotec.  Everything but wings.

I believe I'm the first guy who ever got an Atom registered in Pennsylvania, and I think I'll be the last.  This state doesn't like this kind of car.  It took me a year to get it registered.

And once my Atom was legal, my back blew.  I ruptured a spinal disc, underwent a lot of physical therapy and finally surgery.  I couldn't get into the Atom, much less corner in it.

So I sold it, to a very nice gentleman in the Chicagoland area.  I called him a few months ago to see if he would be interested in selling it back to me.  He wasn't.

The Atom is the kind of car that I'll tell my grandchildren: "Hey, I owned one of those!"  In an environment in which Bentleys are common, these are the real deal.

Good luck (and safety) to everyone who is driving their Atom.  Don't sell it!  I promise: you'll have Seller's Remorse.

Matt F

Heywood-Yablowme

Re: Seller's Remorse

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:30 am

Spoken like a true Atom enthusiast!  :tu:  There are still cars out there... ;)

ckalkhof

Post by ckalkhof » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:29 am

Matt,
What kind of hurdles did you have to overcome to register your car? I live in Ohio and will be trying to register the Atom. Just PM me if you don't want your response public. Thanks!

Gage

Post by Gage » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:28 pm

Every state is like a different country.  I live on the border of two states where the one local government will see hell freeze over before they ever even CONSIDER allowing an Atom to be road legal, and the other state where they'll put a license plate on a rolling boulder. 

Buyer's remorse indeed.  You got in when the prices were still close to reasonably sane.  =0)

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:43 pm

Gage, Is your new car up and running yet?  Haven't been to the other site in a while

Gage

Post by Gage » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:54 am

[quote="Norm"]
Gage, Is your new car up and running yet?   Haven't been to the other site in a while
[/quote]

No.  I have too many projects and trips going on.  I'm planning on making some serious progress in February.  I hope.    ;) ;D