Did anyone take up the Haymanator's offer?

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
John Lloyd

Re: Did anyone take up the Haymanator's offer?

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:53 pm

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
Currently the events board is only configured to allow posts by club members - the idea being that events are actually created through the calendar, which again is only available to members to post to (primarily so that we don't get loads of junk items on the calendar).

I'll reconfigure the events board now so that anyone can post events to the board.

Cheers, Ross.
[/quote]

Sorry, but I do not agree non club members should have access to the events calender.  It will get cluttered with non Atom events.  At least if you are a club member you may turn up at the event with an Atom.  Also why am I joinning the club if we offer every thing to non members??  ???  ???

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:13 pm

Can we see what happens?  if it gets clogged with non atom dross then it can surely be reverted back to members only

Ben

ross

Post by ross » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:17 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]
Sorry, but I do not agree non club members should have access to the events calender.  It will get cluttered with non Atom events.  At least if you are a club member you may turn up at the event with an Atom.  Also why am I joinning the club if we offer every thing to non members??  ???  ???
[/quote]

Yeah, that had been my original reasoning.  Let's see how it goes, first sign of none-Atom related events, we'll have to look at this again.

PS.  although none-members can post to the 'Events' board, the calendar itself is still 'club members' only.

Cheers, Ross.

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:59 pm

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
[quote="John Lloyd"]
[/quote]

Yeah, that had been my original reasoning.  Let's see how it goes, first sign of none-Atom related events, we'll have to look at this again.

PS.  although none-members can post to the 'Events' board, the calendar itself is still 'club members' only.

Cheers, Ross.
[/quote]

OK misunderstanding happy they can post to the events board, but not on the calender

haymanator

Post by haymanator » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:38 am

[quote="gusty"]
John - I need to speak to Dominic today and don't have your tel. no's with me. Can you get him to call me please asap re the 5th.
Cheers
Simon

sorry for the delay.......we were running a corp day at silverstone, which was fun in the atom in the pouring rain.! i will get him to call you today (especially as we are having the final meeting with the clients this morning about the 5th) [/quote]

haymanator

Post by haymanator » Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:14 pm

[quote="gusty"]
I did. It's a way of paying to persue the passion. I have no reservations.
[/quote]

looking forward to simon returning and telling you the story. not that i'm smug about it in anyway, or that i'm on here blowing my own trumpet about how it did make sense to do it, no not at all!!!!!!!

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:28 pm

So John...

Did Simon's car need lots of attention in the pits? Or was it a great day where nothing went awry?

(Clue: You can't win either way ;))

...I'm betting the answer is that it went very smoothly, and was attended to occasionally just to make sure everything was working well, but benefitted from the odd tweak by a trained mechanic? ;D ;D  ::)
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

haymanator

Post by haymanator » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:47 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
So John...

Did Simon's car need lots of attention in the pits? Or was it a great day where nothing went awry?

(Clue: You can't win either way ;))

...I'm betting the answer is that it went very smoothly, and was attended to occasionally just to make sure everything was working well, but benefitted from the odd tweak by a trained mechanic? ;D ;D  ::)
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D spot on bruce, that brand new atom didn't need more than an eye cast over it and fuel........nor did the other three either as far as i know (i was very busy doing hot lap rides in caterham all day, which also didn't need anything doing to it because it had been prepped fantastically by a professional race team). funnily enough, out of all the cars we had there, i think only a touring car needed a spanner...........the 4 radicals only required the same attention as the atom's..so there!
the cars were supplied by businesses so all were prepared properly FOR TRACK USE, or as in simon's case, fresh from the factory, for track use! then of course they were driven by 'financial types', under instruction at a steady smooth pace.....just because we didn't need to fix them it didn't stop us having a lot of mechanical support there.....just in case.  ;)

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:10 am

Any pics John?

haymanator

Post by haymanator » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:02 am

there were thousands of photo's taken, and it was filmed. alas, as it was all organised by the client,  i do not have access to them (the supplier often is left in this situation)
anyway, the best pics of the day would have been of me hooning it in the R400 superlight racing caterham anyway (note... i just had to get more than just caterham (forum edited) in somehow!) ;)