Post Your Order to Delivery Dates Here

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Hedge

Re: Post Your Order to Delivery Dates Here

Post by Hedge » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:28 pm

Och that was years ago! Well, long enough for me to have totally forgotten, anyways.

Where the feck is Northwood?!

Cheers,
Hedge

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:35 pm

I seem to remember you lived in St Albans. I might be wrong, but that's round the corner...

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:52 pm

Course it is! I’ve played cricket there.

The Nomad lives in Hampshire, unfortunately. Could bring the bike round, instead?! Or I’ll have the Nomad up soon-ish. John wants to have a go in it.

Cheers,
Hedge

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:54 pm

AlanP wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:00 am Protecting the pods is on my list of questions for the initial service. Something which looks ok, protects the surface and is removable without leaving a residue. Any suggestions?

Alan
May want to ask [mention]Sir Nick[/mention] about this. He apparently has a habit of scooping up the local wildlife in his. A bit of pheasant plucking later and it scrubs up well ;-)

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:59 pm

Hedge that was 10 1/2 years ago. You were a young(er) man!

A

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Fri May 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Hi Alanp ( funny that there so much the same people around here since I bought my first Ariel in 2010)

Congrats on the awesome R, what a car. I myself just ordered a 4 and def want to opt for the sequential if my bank account lets me, I think it will be about the same experience in the 4, but I have some questions you might be able to answer.
Does this box need any rebuilding after X miles? or other excessive maintainance? other things one needs to know?
I'm a streetdriver with the occasional trackday, but pretty fanatic and I feel like I need this box to give my third Atom a really different experience.

I get my paperwork next week, if it comes in I will post indicated delivery date (34months is told)

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Fri May 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Apocryphal tales of Sadevs being stripped down to find nothing needs doing abound. I think they are pretty unburstable in a car like the Atom and there is no suggestion of any additional maintenance requirements. I'm getting very boring about this but, for me, it absolutely makes the car.
However, one thing the factory have said is that the 4 will not get a Sadev but an alternative. And they'll never be cheap with the hydraulics and engine mods required etc.
If you can get it and you even, just a tiny bit, think you might like it, then you'll love it.
Keep us posted.
A
Now how do I get down down off this fence...

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Sat May 18, 2019 12:11 pm

I know I like the hell out of it, I only need to find me some 10k extra and now I know it is a stable thing that doesn’t need unreasonable attention...I am definitely going to sell my wife or something else I don’t really need to get it specd.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Fri May 24, 2019 5:46 am

Talking to Henry whilst at the factory a couple of days ago, they are looking at using a Quaife on the 4 but need to see how it holds up. Else they will be going back to a Sadev but it needs a fair bit of modification apparently to get it in the 4 so don't expect the price to drop any!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Fri May 24, 2019 7:33 am

When deciding between a 3.5R and a 4 I was assured that there would be a sequential box but definitely NOT a Sadev. Things change.
Re the price, there are so few of them out there, and I can't remember seeing one for sale, that you can be pretty sure of getting your money back.
The cost becomes easier to understand the longer you live with it. At the Dyno Day last weekend we all discovered that unlike all other Atoms the Sadev cars have to have a speed sensor on a front wheel, others come off the gearbox it seems. That explains why I couldn't get a reading, the engine bounced off the static limiter as the ECU thought it was stationary. Which it was!
A

phil4

Post by phil4 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:39 am

AlanP wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:33 am At the Dyno Day last weekend we all discovered that unlike all other Atoms the Sadev cars have to have a speed sensor on a front wheel
It wouldn't surprise me if Traction/Launch control on the new Atom 4 needs front sensors also... otherwise not sure how it knows the spinning wheels are spinning.

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Fri May 24, 2019 7:41 am

Good point, also implies I have some sort of primitive TC!

A

phil4

Post by phil4 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:51 am

AlanP wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:41 am Good point, also implies I have some sort of primitive TC!

A
It wouldn't surprise me, didn't the V8 have T/C with the Sadev?

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Fri May 24, 2019 7:59 am

Maybe less TC and more just power management ? My Merc wont give full power in lower 2 gears i think - could be similar ??

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Fri May 24, 2019 11:53 am

It's just the standard static rev limiter, most cars, I think, won't let you rev the nadgers off them when stationary.
A