The Atom Video Thread - Post links to Atom videos here

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Peter255

Re: The Atom Video Thread - Post links to Atom videos here

Post by Peter255 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:39 am

[mention]anx10us[/mention] great vid. I love Silverstone GP. :tu: Also if you add a windsock the sound would be better.
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

anx10us

Post by anx10us » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:51 am

Peter255 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:39 am @anx10us great vid. I love Silverstone GP. :tu: Also if you add a windsock the sound would be better.
I know !! I have two of the damn things sat on my desk, I always forget, I think I need to create a trackday per-flight checklist, to make sure that everything is as it should be !!

I was a bit worried about Silverstone GP as there are some long straights, I wasn't sure whether the track suited the Atom ..

My stress levels raised even more when I arrived and saw that literally everyone else had brought a trailer or even a full on race truck, at a guess 40% of cars on track were race cars ...

I shouldn't have worried, favourite trackday of the year, well run, no problem with space on track, plenty of very quick cars to chase, there was a very well driven 600LT that was being enjoyed the way it should be ..

Managed 3 hours on track, faultless, took out 4 different passengers, including my son (who got his phone out in the video, he has been told) who is now desperate to go to every trackday ..

Its my local track, just shame that its so expensive ..

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:54 am

We will be back next year! Come along. Be good to see another Atom flying around. :tu:

Agree its pricey but a great track! 8)
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

MDifficult

Post by MDifficult » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:43 pm

So I recorded a few laps at the start of the afternoon session at Pembrey - pretty tame stuff compared to most of the videos in this thread but my first time taking the Atom on track. Loved every minute though!

anx10us

Post by anx10us » Sun Oct 16, 2022 12:25 pm

Great laps, don't blame you taking it easy on a first trackday, confidence will come with more laps, you'll be very surprised by how much grip there is. That was me at 5:45 being chased by (the othet) Tom in his 350 Sequential, didn't take him long to get past me though !!

anx10us

Post by anx10us » Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:09 pm

My fastest Lap from the alternate configuration of Pembrey in the afternoon in my Atom 4 320, ZZS, there were some much quicker laps in other 4s ...

anx10us

Post by anx10us » Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:12 pm

Morning session with passenger

anx10us

Post by anx10us » Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:50 pm

anx10us

Post by anx10us » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:42 am

anx10us

Post by anx10us » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:43 am

PhilM

Post by PhilM » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:37 pm

I had my first track day in my Atom 4 on Monday. It was a great day with quite a few other Atom 4 at Bedford.
It is a good track to learn the car and start exploring the limits. The car and I survived thankfully.
Here is a video of one of my clear laps.
For reference it is a 320bhp, in Map 3, Traction Control on 7, AP brakes, ZZS tyres and standard non adjustable Bilstein suspension.

https://youtu.be/aiWlm_BF5sI

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:50 pm

here's some footage of my first day on track with my new Atom 4 sequential 350, after breaking in the car (also on track, but slower)

this was the fastest lap, will also edit a video with me battling another sequential 4, but with wings.

Got I love this car, it's such a pleasure to drive. I honestly feared it would not live up to the 3.5 SC I had before, but it is so much better in al ways ( to me )
The sequential is a true partytrick, that never gets old. The gearing is awesome, it pulls so hard in 5th and 6th due to the shorter high gears, love it

MDifficult

Post by MDifficult » Tue May 09, 2023 6:09 pm

My first few tentative laps at Bedford on Saturday - weather turned biblical afterwards but I kept lapping! No video of that insanity though.

Rooney1000

Post by Rooney1000 » Thu May 18, 2023 8:06 am

Hi

Spent a good couple of hours reading and searching on the forum but still not sure I cant find an exact answer.

What is the best mount for a go-pro on an Atom 3.5s if I want to put it on the top rollbar ? I can see that a lot of people use the 3m sticky pad and place between the 2 seats but that view is a little low for me and I prefer it to be slightly higher. Seems that the official go-pro rollbar mount works for some people and not others, conflicting reports on what it does / doesn't fit on.

Anyone able to provide confirmation or a link / picture etc.

Thanks

(picked up second hand gopro 7 for some video fun !)

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Thu May 18, 2023 8:24 am

Rooney1000 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:06 am Hi

Spent a good couple of hours reading and searching on the forum but still not sure I cant find an exact answer.

What is the best mount for a go-pro on an Atom 3.5s if I want to put it on the top rollbar ? I can see that a lot of people use the 3m sticky pad and place between the 2 seats but that view is a little low for me and I prefer it to be slightly higher. Seems that the official go-pro rollbar mount works for some people and not others, conflicting reports on what it does / doesn't fit on.

Anyone able to provide confirmation or a link / picture etc.

Thanks

(picked up second hand gopro 7 for some video fun !)

I had this one on my lotus 3-11 roll bar

€ 11,09 25% Off | Voor D45mm Grote Stuur Mount Clip Fiets Motorfiets Buis Klem Anti-Losse Knop Voor Gopro 10 9 Insta360 Een R X2 Camera Beugel
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EvG2WCp

It is full alloy and really nice quality, not sure if the atom roll bar has the right diameter, but I’m sure They make one