Atom 4 side panels

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Joh106

Atom 4 side panels

Post by Joh106 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:08 pm

Hi All,
I am just away to confirm my order for a new Atom 4, can anyone tell me if the side panels are a must have for driving in the rain.
At the price on the spec sheet i would conciser making them myself.
Do the vibrate a bit whist driving.
If there not worth putting on i will have the tabs removed from the frame during the build.

abcoro

Re: Atom 4 side panels

Post by abcoro » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:13 pm

Hello! Congrats with your (upcoming) order! I have them on mine and definitely they're useful when driving in the rain! I use them also for on track as they give less turbulence in the cockpit. They also keep the heat in the lower part of the cockpit surprisingly well, so also good for cold winter drives. Not very cheap indeed, but I'd spec them again if I had to buy again now.

Downside is that the plexi scratches with even looking at it...worth to get them PPF'ed at both sides to extend their life, I had mine done in light smoke PPF, also the small aeroscreen. Another thing to take into account is that they make it much more difficult to clean the chassis and cockpit when they're fitted. It takes about 10min if you want to take them off...so not really a big issue...but worth taking into account. I did never experience any vibration of them so far...and I would certainly keep the tabs on the chassis, that way you still have the option in future to come to mount the side panels if not taken from the start.

Best,
AC.
Attachments
IMG_3692.jpeg
IMG_3692.jpeg (534.09 KiB) Viewed 616 times

Joh106

Post by Joh106 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:21 pm

Thanks for all your help its much appreciated. :)

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:46 pm

When fitted they also effectively protect both the driver and passenger from stones and spray kicked up by the front tyres!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

markwetherall

Post by markwetherall » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:25 pm

Worth every penny. Had them on all 3 of my atoms. Only takes 10 mins to take them off, so I tend to use them in the winter or if weather is not great and then take them off it is is going to be really hot. Well worth it but dont expect they stay mint for long as they do scratch very easily

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:14 pm

I had them on my 3.5, dont miss them on my 4…much less wind in the cockpit. Dont tend to drive in rain..