Help needed, and looking for a A4

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Peeler

Help needed, and looking for a A4

Post by Peeler » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:34 am

For years I’ve been wanting an Atom but the No roof and impracticality has put me off but I’m now going for it.

I’ve been following them for years so know a fair bit but is there any known issues with the Atom 4 ? I’ve read about the overheating and apparently a map update sorts this ??

Is there any tips , set ups etc for track work ?

I will use mine for road , track and my local hillclimb once a year.

I was going to hold off until the start of next year but if the right car pops up I’ll be in a position to purchase in a couple of weeks.

markwetherall

Re: Help needed, and looking for a A4

Post by markwetherall » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:12 am

Now on my 2nd Atom 4, what I will say is overheating issue is sorted so don't worry about that. There are a few decent ones for sale but always check with the factory regarding the history. It will all depend on your budget, Ohlims are worth it, obviously the 350bhp is a must, Sequential is superb, traction control is worth the money etc. We have a very active group of owners on Whatsapp, and also arrange track days for everyone so best join up on the group. Where are you located?

Peeler

Post by Peeler » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:42 am

Thanks for your reply.

Yes AP’s , Ohlins are a must as is 350bhp but the factory will be offering the 400bhp package soon so I could wait on the power.

I’ve been in contact with a couple of the cars for sale at the moment, but I can’t do anything for a couple of weeks so I didn’t want to waste anyone’s time, it seems they may have sold as both adverts have now been removed.

I’m on the Isle of Man 🇮🇲 but do trackdays as much as I can, not managed much this year but do have Anglesey and Oulton Park at the end of the month.

markwetherall

Post by markwetherall » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:01 am

Enjoy owning an Atom in the IOM. Doesn't it rain there all the time. Much better weather in Jersey thankfully, only issue is the speed limits. PM me your Mobile no and I will ask to get you added to the Whatsapp Group

Peeler

Post by Peeler » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:09 am

Multiple post
Last edited by Peeler on Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peeler

Post by Peeler » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:10 am

Thanks Mark I’ll pm you now, yes we certainly get our share of crap wet weather, but on a sunny day with the mountain TT circuit and no speed limit on my doorstep I’ll soon forget about all that 😊