PPF for Atom 4 - Southwest

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
devonatom

PPF for Atom 4 - Southwest

Post by devonatom » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:08 pm

In case it is helpful to any current/future owners of an Atom in the Southwest, or to those who want to arrange for ppf to be undertaken by a company reasonably close to the factory after collection, I can recommend Knight Detailing in Cullompton - they are a just a few minutes off J28 of the M5.

I had struggled to find a competent local ppf installer and was initially recommended them by another owner. When I called in for a chat a couple of months ago, it became apparent they had not done ppf on an Atom 4 before (had done a Nomad) and therefore did not have templates. I did not want the ppf film cut on the car as a bulk install and as such they asked if I would be willing to provide my Atom to allow templates to be created. I agreed and Suntek sent down a couple of technicians from their factory who spent a week(!) creating a template pattern for nearly every part of the car.

If anyone is therefore looking for any ppf to be done - from a few parts to complete coverage (think they ended up with 101 separate pieces on my car....may have got carried away) I can happily recommend them. It also means any other Suntek installers elsewhere will also now have access to the template patterns for the car.

I am not affiliated in any way with Knight Detailing, but Dave who owns the business there seems to willing to go 'over and above' to do a really top job. His other customers include some lucky local owners with a McLaren Senna, Koenigsegg etc so I felt in pretty safe hands ;)
Attachments
Knight.jpg
Knight.jpg (835.11 KiB) Viewed 1399 times

Funksta

Re: PPF for Atom 4 - Southwest

Post by Funksta » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:14 am

Hi, what was the cost to have this work done please? Got mine coming end of August and keen to get this done!

devonatom

Re: PPF for Atom 4 - Southwest

Post by devonatom » Tue Jul 25, 2023 10:33 am

Hi there - I believe the cost of the ppf itself (I had ceramic coating of wheels and other bits done at the same time) was around £2250 - which was similar to other quotes I had received for less comprehensive coverage elsewhere. As mentioned above, I probably went a little over the top with how much I got covered, but hopefully it will keep it looking good for a few years!