Jri damper settings

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Pcodeseattle

Jri damper settings

Post by Pcodeseattle » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:38 pm

North American AA4 here. I’ve got the double adjustable JRI dampers. I’m wondering if anyone’s got some baseline road and track settings they are happy with? Would love a good starting date point!

plip1953

Re: Jri damper settings

Post by plip1953 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:47 am

I had to look up JRI as it's not a familiar name over here in the UK.

Nevertheless I believe what you what you have is specifically intended for an Atom 3 so I would have expected the spring rates and valving to have been matched accordingly (hopefully). Does the manufacturer/supplier not provide any suggested setting? I assume not or you wouldn't be asking the question!

Anyway, my suggestion would be to start somewhere in the middle of the bump and rebound ranges of positions and see how it feels. And then make changes from there, but only two or three clicks at any one time and only to either bump or rebound. You might want to do this in two goes so you have one set for the road and one for the track.

Pcodeseattle

Post by Pcodeseattle » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:55 am

They were used in the 3’s, and originally the 4’s here had beilstiens as the default set up with ohlins as the optional choice. I’m guessing pandemic supply issues pushed them to JRI for the 4s. I’ll reach out to the factory for feedback on the default setting.

I was just wondering if anyone had been playing around with theirs and found a good road and track setting. Especially with the roads near me not being of the best quality I was wanting to see if there’s a softer set up.

plip1953

Post by plip1953 » Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:34 am

All I can respond with is to say that the factory recommended settings for Ohlins on a 4, both for road and track, seem to work pretty well. Have you got and recommended settings for the JRIs on a 3?