Collection and overnight freight

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
squarebeard

Collection and overnight freight

Post by squarebeard » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:19 pm

Big day finally arrived! Copenhagen to Crewkerne in one go with a huge decrepit trailer. Met Ben and was offered a cup. From then he took me through many, many aspects of the Atom. Received the "Handbook" (mind you it's not a manual) and all the bits. Shortly after, a 20 minute jaunt on the surrounding country roads. In my new Atom. My first time actually driving anything made by Ariel.
PXL_20220926_153344087.jpg
PXL_20220926_153344087.jpg (2.81 MiB) Viewed 1942 times
Then up on the trailer backwards she goes, ready to start the long drive through the tunnel, four EU countries and half of a fifth.
PXL_20220927_082805180.jpg
PXL_20220927_082805180.jpg (5.23 MiB) Viewed 1942 times
Despite heavy rain along the whole route, the journey proceeded without a single setback.
PXL_20220928_080743458.jpg
PXL_20220928_080743458.jpg (4.5 MiB) Viewed 1942 times
Spec-wise I had to save the Öhlins for another day, so standard coils and dampers, but otherwise uprated shift bushings, forged wheels, one piece sport brakes and AP Racing calipers in silver (which I think look sooo amazing through the forged wheels), roll bar, TC, boost knob, bias adjuster, electrical cut-off switch, trackday uprated cooling, baffled sump, LSD, click-off wheel, CF tail tidy, front number plate bracket (I have hopes), reversing cam, the fat harnesses with anti-sub straps and nice Ariel pads. What else? Third brake light, black stainless fittings, locking fuel cap, USB, red powder coat. Would really have loved more CF but my savings have already evaporated enough...

Driving this car is just such an amazing experience. The car is always telling you something, and it takes some time to be able to take all the feedback in and process it. But I love language, and I look forward to the new vocabulary. Speaking of words, I also need to get used to the questions everyone asks when you fuel, and all the attention it gets in traffic. People react. Not really my favorite aspect about the Atom, but maybe I'll paint the mudguards and panels with that ultra-black stuff so nobody will see me. ;D

Can't wait to get out on the track. Super happy how the car turned out - and yes BOTB bought it and gave it to me basically, so that's nifty too.

-Tim

PhilM

Re: Collection and overnight freight

Post by PhilM » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:27 pm

[mention]squarebeard[/mention] I'm really pleased you have collected the car and got it home. Enjoy it :)

Winmoz

Post by Winmoz » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:53 pm

Great stuff. Look forward to seeing your posts when you get it on track!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#BananAtom

MDifficult

Post by MDifficult » Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:26 pm

Great story! I admired your car during my recent factory visit - looks amazing. Enjoy!

squarebeard

Post by squarebeard » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:13 am

MDifficult wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:26 pm Great story! I admired your car during my recent factory visit - looks amazing. Enjoy!
Thanks! My build makes a short cameo appearance in the TG Ariel P-40 Hipercar review video recently. At least I noticed it in the back of the works assembly hall. Haha I'm like, "Move that million pound jet prototype thing so I can see my car!"

Does this mean I can tell people I meet in pubs that my car has been on Top Gear?
:vroom:

MDifficult

Post by MDifficult » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:43 pm

squarebeard wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:13 am
MDifficult wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:26 pm Great story! I admired your car during my recent factory visit - looks amazing. Enjoy!
Thanks! My build makes a short cameo appearance in the TG Ariel P-40 Hipercar review video recently. At least I noticed it in the back of the works assembly hall. Haha I'm like, "Move that million pound jet prototype thing so I can see my car!"

Does this mean I can tell people I meet in pubs that my car has been on Top Gear?
:vroom:
Haha, yes - it absolutely does!

Hope you don't mind, but here's a cheeky shot I took of your car at the time - looking awesome ;)