Finance or Cash

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Ots7

Finance or Cash

Post by Ots7 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:14 pm

Dear all,

I am looking to get into an Atom, first quarter of next year. I am not sure whether to buy cash or finance the car.
Being a “toy” I’d rather buy cash, but finance could well be an option. The question is, who has done what and would be willing to give rough examples of, which lender/broker/down payments and monthly figures.

Many thanks :vroom:

robfitz

Re: Finance or Cash

Post by robfitz » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:24 pm

Only finance options I saw with the likes of JBR were at rates like 6.9% which I thought was nuts, couldn’t see why anyone would go for those at a time when base rate was 0.1%.
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:32 pm

Having been a member of the club for over 7 years I can't say that I've seen much discussion about purchase financing - I've no doubt that quite a few have probably made use of a bank loan if they have a sympathetic bank manager!

That said I really don't remember much, if any, discussion in the forum about PCP/Lease/HP and the like!

- I personally have the impression, possibly erroneously, that the majority seem to pay cash, and quite a few seem to have had a previous Ariel vehicle to trade up from?
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Winmoz

Post by Winmoz » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:28 am

Given the long build times, I would expect that most would pay cash. For some reason I didn’t even think about finance and assumed the lengthy purchase cycle (22months from deposit to collection) was a clever commercial ploy to provide ample opportunity for options to be added!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#BananAtom

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:39 pm

I would never loan money for a toy…is there any benefit in doing so if you have the money to spend?
If you dont have it to spend, I wouldnt buy it at all, but that could be just me

Preseh

Post by Preseh » Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:28 pm

I reckon most people probably pay cash but I do know of people that have gone the PCP with balloon option with the likes of JBR etc. [mention]robfitz[/mention] is right though, these days your finance rates are typically going to be 6%+ so if you've got the cash available I'd always say pay cash. If you think you can make that cash work harder than the 6%+ rate of the finance though, finance could make sense.