White spots on panels and seats ??

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
travelbug63

White spots on panels and seats ??

Post by travelbug63 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:15 am

This might seem strange but has anyone else noticed small white spots on the black plastic panels and seats ?

I've had my 4 stored in a carcoon over the winter and finally got round to getting it out yesterday. All over the seats and black panels are small white spots similar to the effect of efflorescence or release of salt from brickwork. On the panels when I clean them off there are what looks like very small bumps or blisters left behind ?

Has anyone else noticed this ?
Atom 4, Jaguar I Pace, Honda cr-v (dog carrier), Mini JCW (wife's)

mynamesnotbob

Re: White spots on panels and seats ??

Post by mynamesnotbob » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:16 pm

Likely calcium deposits from water spots, carcoon dried the air, moisture goes, calcium remains as a crust. But hard to be 100% without seeing.

Matt plastics retain the deposits more than gloss, same as grease and other stuff

Used a water spot remover like Gtechniq W9 (https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gte ... gIi-_D_BwE)

Or if really bad, Kamikaze Collection Heavy Water Spot Remove no8 ( https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/kam ... gIfS_D_BwE)

If it’s not bad at all a good wash will sort it 👍

Luckky

Post by Luckky » Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:28 pm

travelbug63 wrote:This might seem strange but has anyone else noticed small white spots on the black plastic panels and seats ?

I've had my 4 stored in a carcoon over the winter and finally got round to getting it out yesterday. All over the seats and black panels are small white spots similar to the effect of efflorescence or release of salt from brickwork. On the panels when I clean them off there are what looks like very small bumps or blisters left behind ?

Has anyone else noticed this ?
Have you got a photo?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelbug63

Post by travelbug63 » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:52 pm

Thanks "mynamesnotbob" and "Luckky".

It was so bloody cold when I went out for a drive when I got back I put it away again in the Carcoon till it's either a bit warmer or I man up.

I'll open it up when I get a chance and take a couple of photos
Atom 4, Jaguar I Pace, Honda cr-v (dog carrier), Mini JCW (wife's)