Cat S 3.5 on YouTube

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
autobackup

Re: Cat S 3.5 on YouTube

Post by autobackup » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:55 pm

Ian

To be able to reclaim VAT you need both an input and an output invoice - the insurance company will get an input invoice from the repairers but then won't be able to generate an output invoice as there is no cost (other than the excess) charged to the beneficial owner of the car - so the insurers have to swallow the VAT!!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

reg

Post by reg » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:44 pm

hamtt wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:38 am
No it wasn't lost keys. It was removing the nuts. If it was lost keys they would have invoiced the fob separately and charged for reprogramming it or probably replaced the whole immobiliser. And if it took them 3 hours to break off locking wheel nuts then clearly they're not very good at it. Take it to a tyre place and either they'll hammer on a similar sized socket or they'll weld on a hex nut and do all 4 in probably half an hour to an hour. I've had it done a few times over the years.
I'm sure hammering on an old socket and removing a knackered locking stud is fine on a Vauxhall Corsa, but with mag wheels probably better to be cautious?
hamtt wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:38 am Then watch and learn. Like I said, it may work, it may not.
learn what? I have ben involved in heavy engineering for 30 years, made all manner of things, and mistakes. Which is why filling knackered tubes, instead of doing the right thing is stupid.
hamtt wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:38 am
Ha ha oh dear, you sound like one of the people who at the outset was threatening me I couldn't make wings for the atom because they were "patented" by Ariel. If the factory believes I have copied something of theirs, there's a simple way to resolve it - courts. And don't think for a second the factory haven't looked at every part I've done and explored their options.
Funny you mention 'courts' in the same sentence as your products :roflp: I think those of us who have ben around in the Ariel community for a while know it is best to avoid certain sellers.
hamtt wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:38 am Yes intelligent debate, not snootiness and closed rank "bullying" by established members. Intelligent debate involves an intelligent question and an intelligent response. Not the now-worn-out "oh no I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole because it's not done/made/repaired by the factory" and "oh wait - I'm gonna tell Mummy at the factory about this".
It isn't bullying whatsoever, it's people calling out BS. You have a problem with the factory and TBH have locked horns with most people on the forum over the years. Perhaps it's you?
hamtt wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:38 am Whatever the reason, I still say if you don't want to share the road with anything that may be written off repaired, damaged, leaking oil, potentially dangerous, you go buy a horse and cart. It's the drivers on a track that make it dangerous, not the cars. If that was the case then anyone without a whole F1 support team wouldn't be allowed on the track.
I'll get onto Amazon.
hamtt wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:38 am Can you guaranteed the correct tubing was used? Can you guarantee that the welder was competent and did an adequate job? What's more laughable than the filler is that you seem to find an undocumented larger and potentially more dangerous repair more acceptable than something that's transparent.
Are you an engineer Hammt? The point made was filling knackered tubing was stupid, it was then, it is now. They admit it themselves that they might go back and weld new parts in.
hammt wrote: There's clearly an issue. The only response they got on here and Facebook from Atom owners was negative, until I posted on here and then some others said positive things. There's clearly issues with this "community" and like I said earlier, it's far displaced from the reality and perception of "normal" people, and if you don't see that, you're part of the problem. Hitler didn't see anything wrong with what he was doing either.
Hilter? Are you really trying to draw parallels between people posting negative responses of shite repairs with a man who killed 16 million people. Turth be told if the luftwaffe had used your carbon products the war would have been over much sooner. Stay classy Hammt.

Curves Junkie

Post by Curves Junkie » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:31 pm

I love factual and technical arguments, but what you two are putting on here is a Casper theatre. 8)
It's a pity about this interesting thread, it would certainly have been worth discussing it objectively.

[mention]reg[/mention] and [mention]hamtt[/mention] you should go to a pub and have a beer together.

Btw, Hitler is our german ashhole :wize: so don't talk about him here. >:D >:D
Ariel Atom 3 [2010] Honda 2.0 K20Z4 with JacksonRacing SC only 370PS :H: - never, ever for sale
Abarth 595 Competizione [2016] - now my daughters car
Porsche 718 Spyder [11/2019] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHb3-aNuZzQ

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:46 pm

2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

reg

Post by reg » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:06 pm

You’d have be to mad…

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:01 pm

Was this the Atom that featured in the YouTube videos being 'repaired' that featured the frame (tubes) damage being 'knocked' out and filled?

If it is, dare I say, the rather amateurishly repaired Atom featured on YouTube and also as this is actually a registered Cat S (written off then repaired) vehicle and despite the rather hopeful 'reduced value' blurb in the advert I would suggest that £35K -- £37K might be nearer the mark?

- particularly as the frame tubes weren't properly repaired and certified by the Ariel factory or the frame fabricators.

Whether, or not, it sports full carbon panels doesn't
generally materially affect the second hand value to any great extent!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Jamier27

Post by Jamier27 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:57 pm

Tbh I'd have thought 30k was closer to the mark.