Intercoms

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
apr1962

Intercoms

Post by apr1962 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:16 am

Hi everyone

I’m thinking a couple of intercoms could be a good idea for Xmas.

Anyone got any good recommendations? I’m looking for music, phone, satnav and group chat type functionality.

It would be good to get something which is compatible with the masses if possible.

I’ve seen pactalk bold which I’m thinking looks good?

Thanks
Andrew

robfitz

Re: Intercoms

Post by robfitz » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:55 pm

Friend of mine has the Pactalk slim for his GS1250 and it works well. Think I’ll get that as the bold is quite a chunky unit to attach to a helmet
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

Luckky

Post by Luckky » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:58 pm

+1 for packtalk slim, I have two and I’m blown away by the sound quality. Great to be able to listen to the same
Music through both Helmets too.

My wireless charger I made up keeps the phone well charged so no problems there, they last a long time too with one charge.

Any thing to think about is; if you have a motor racing helmet (rather than bike) you might want to invest in some good plug in speakers. The HD speakers that come with it are immense but in my Arai helmet, there’s no official spaces for them so sometimes they move and I cannot hear as well.

Overall huge fan and great to link up to friends too as soon as they are in range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

apr1962

Post by apr1962 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:25 pm

I’ve invested, I’ve bought the bold duo. I couldn’t find a duo slim, so went with the big ones, hopefully they will be ok. Bought them in the USA for just over £300 friends bringing them over at Christmas.

The helmets may be a challenge by the sounds of it. I have one Shoei bike helmet and a bell GP3.

Thanks for your help.