Patience

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
squarebeard

Patience

Post by squarebeard » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:07 pm

Fun stuff to do while you're waiting for your "Four":

1) Go for a ride in someone else's Atom. I was at an event this weekend where I got two fast airport laps in a 3 with a very competent driver leaning into it. Hilarious! What a riot and I can't wait until it's me bashing out laps.

2) Spend a bunch of money on a special numberplate. Wait I can't register my Atom anyway. That this plate was available at all speaks to how few of these cars there are in Denmark. At least I scored the plate if the rules change someday. Or if the Atom gets EU approved. Please? For now this plate will have to live attached to my VW PassAtom.

3) Go on this forum!!!

PassAtom.png
PassAtom.png (6.96 MiB) Viewed 783 times

Preseh

Re: Patience

Post by Preseh » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:02 pm

What an awesome number plate! Annoyingly in the UK we have pretty strict rules for our number plates so we don't have much choice. Mine is OM6 4TOM "Omg Atom" but the letters are technically illegally spaced so hopefully I don't get pulled by the police 😂👀

Sledgehammer

Post by Sledgehammer » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:26 pm

Best Plate in DK ! We spend nearly every Holiday in DK. I have seen a Nissan Skyline with BOOSTED on the plate near Hvide Sande and a AMC Pacer with a PACER1 plate.
The rules and costs to registrate a Import car are crazy in Denmark. I'm dreaming to drive the Margarete Route with my Atom one day.
Attachments
250722_Marguerit_rute_skilt.jpg
250722_Marguerit_rute_skilt.jpg (73.99 KiB) Viewed 768 times
Atom 2 Supercharged - Atom Club Germany

squarebeard

Post by squarebeard » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:31 pm

[mention]Preseh[/mention] I'm really fascinated by the number plate system in UK - I don't think we are allowed to sell ours which may defuse any attempts at speculating. Or maybe reg-squatting is a better term.

[mention]Sledgehammer[/mention] I would love to drive that route in my Atom someday, but until the 4 gets type-approved, I will be registering mine in Germany. That means I am forbidden to drive it in Denmark. I love explaining ridiculous rules like these to non-Danes and imagining their reaction, "But why..?" The answer is usually taxes.

Miyagi_GB

Post by Miyagi_GB » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:45 am

squarebeard wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:31 pm That means I am forbidden to drive it in Denmark. taxes.
Would that be a similar outcome if somebody from the UK drove a '4' over to Denmark when holidaying? Or specifically German cars into Denmark?
Damian
2020 BMW M135i xDrive

anx10us

Post by anx10us » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:28 pm

Miyagi_GB wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:45 am
squarebeard wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:31 pm That means I am forbidden to drive it in Denmark. taxes.
Would that be a similar outcome if somebody from the UK drove a '4' over to Denmark when holidaying? Or specifically German cars into Denmark?
I suspect its a limitation on someone who is resident in Denmark not someone passing through, there may also be a limitation on the amount of days you can drive a car from another country in your home country.

squarebeard

Post by squarebeard » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:58 pm

Residents of Denmark aren't allowed to drive in foreign registered cars. Even if I rent a car in Sweden I'm not allowed to drive it in Denmark. Crazy, right? Might be one of the worst countries for Atom ownership, and one of the few countries in Europe where you can't register it at all. I'm still hoping that the factory will complete the EU certification process someday, allowing me to register the Atom and pay ungodly sums of tax money so I can drive on Danish roads. Yay.

Deane

Post by Deane » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:40 pm

How is this for an Atom plate? All you British Top Gear fans will get it.
Here in the US there are a surprising number of people who know
what it means too. But most here have never even seen an Atom.
Pick your custom plate is common in the USA.
Pick your custom plate is common in the USA.
Plate.jpg (149.71 KiB) Viewed 582 times

Sommi

Post by Sommi » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:03 pm

I have got this and on occasion gets acknowledged as an appropriate plate!
Attachments
IMG_20210919_111257832_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210919_111257832_HDR.jpg (4.52 MiB) Viewed 566 times