Atom 4 US wait time

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Atom4Shu

Atom 4 US wait time

Post by Atom4Shu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:28 pm

So I have been told by the director of sales at TMI that if I placed an order now, my wait time would be 6 months then 6 months build time. However, I am reading that people who have placed their orders all the way back in May 2019 have STILL not received it. I do not know the merit of this and was wondering if people in the US have had similar experience.

How would it work with the 3 deposits spread at 6 months if there is that much of a wait time.

This was the exact quote from the Director of Sales in the US for TMI:

"The UK waitlist is approaching 3-years. However, because the USA is a smaller market, we are looking at a 12-month build time (6-month wait and 6-month build process)..."

That was about 2 months ago. And I emailed him again a few weeks ago asking if anything with the build time had changed. His reply:

"Thanks for checking back in! We are still looking at the quoted lead times and no other changes have been made. Keep me updated when you’re ready to lock in your build!"

Given this, is he just blatantly lying about the build time? Or are the people online bullshitting?

autobackup

Re: Atom 4 US wait time

Post by autobackup » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:50 pm

6 months for the build process seems rather excessive, am I being disingenuous but that translates into very few cars produced annually.

Somewhere I think that I was told that Ariel UK, depending on the availability of components, usually take around 6 to 7 weeks to build an Atom - or have I been misled?
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Fastlane

Re: Atom 4 US wait time

Post by Fastlane » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:05 pm

I presume the 6 months includes the point at which they some form of payment. They may have to refer to it as build time to comply with a relevant Federal or State law perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range