Bell GP3 Anyone Got One?

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
apr1962

Bell GP3 Anyone Got One?

Post by apr1962 » Wed May 05, 2021 4:06 pm

Hi,

I am looking at getting a Carbon Bell GP3, does anyone have one and would you recommend it?

I wear glasses, will the field of vision etc. be OK and can you fit a bluetooth intercom?

Many thanks
Andrew

phil4

Re: Bell GP3 Anyone Got One?

Post by phil4 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:03 pm

If you've not tried one on, do... I had a nice CF Bell once, but it gave me a headache after about 30 mins, so I never wore it. I'm sure Bell fit some people, but I would recommend trying helmets on for as long as possible before buying.

travelbug63

Post by travelbug63 » Wed May 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Yep I've got the Bell GP3 but not the carbon.

From the research I did the best helmet comfort wise will be dependant on not just the size of your head but the shape of it, my head is very round so understood the Bell's are good for that. The duckbill spoiler is really useful as well to stop your helmet lifting at high speed.

Can it fit a bluetooth intercom, yes I use a T-com VB with mine.

And yes I would recommend it, but I'd also recommend trying one on before you buy
Atom 4, Jaguar I Pace, Honda cr-v (dog carrier), Mini JCW (wife's)

8_enj

Post by 8_enj » Wed May 05, 2021 7:42 pm

Are there any regulations for helmets for track day use?

Preseh

Post by Preseh » Thu May 06, 2021 10:07 am

I've got a Bell RS7 which is great - super comfortable. Not sure if the lining is the same for the Bell GP3 but I made a right mess trying to mount speakers for my intercom. Ended up using ear plug style noise blocking headphones plugged into the intercom and it was way more comfortable (and it saves my hearing from the wind and exhaust noise).

For track day use in the UK I don't think there are any regulations per say - nobody checks your helmet conforms before heading on track. I think that's why you see a lot of motorcycle lids because they're comparably cheaper.

travelbug63

Post by travelbug63 » Thu May 06, 2021 3:00 pm

I'm not aware of any restrictions either... That said I wouldn't suggest turning up with a saucepan on your head !

Probably worth having the HANS fittings as well if you're going to doing some track days
Atom 4, Jaguar I Pace, Honda cr-v (dog carrier), Mini JCW (wife's)