essential specification??

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Preseh

Re: essential specification??

Post by Preseh » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:21 pm

Will be getting my sports exhaust fitted at the factory tomorrow so I'll ask but it looks like just a few bolts. The wings on the 4 don't block access to the exhaust so should be just as easy as without the wing.

8_enj

Post by 8_enj » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:48 pm

Preseh wrote:Will be getting my sports exhaust fitted at the factory tomorrow so I'll ask but it looks like just a few bolts. The wings on the 4 don't block access to the exhaust so should be just as easy as without the wing.
This information will be great Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:06 am

Preseh wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:09 am
SvenTheHammer wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:40 pm
8_enj wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:03 pm Thanks all, any feedback on the exhaust options?

I’ve got the polished Sports exhaust as well as the standard for track days. I had the Sports exhaust on my 3.5 supercharged, which sounded very good. But the Sports exhaust on the 4 is on another level sound wise. It burbles at low revs, it screams, pops and bangs on overrun when you are giving it some beans. Obviously I will need to swop it with the standard exhaust when doing track days due to noise restrictions. But I’ll be putting the Sports exhaust back on ASAP.
My car is in for its first service tomorrow... you've convinced me to get the sports exhaust fitted. Am I ever going to stop spending money on this car? :laugh:
You’ll love it 👍

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:09 am

ArBrMD wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:46 pm
8_enj wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:43 pm quick question has anyone had issue's with front aerofoil (spoiler) and speed bumps car park ramps etc there are alot where i live?

No issues at all with the 3.5R
No issues with my 4.

8_enj

Post by 8_enj » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:17 am

Cheers sven, where did you get your padded seats from?

Preseh

Post by Preseh » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:01 pm

8_enj wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:48 pm
Preseh wrote:Will be getting my sports exhaust fitted at the factory tomorrow so I'll ask but it looks like just a few bolts. The wings on the 4 don't block access to the exhaust so should be just as easy as without the wing.
This information will be great Image

Just got back from the factory after my run-in service and sports exhaust fitted. Initial impressions of the sports exhaust are that it's LOUD 😂 I wouldn't want to drive it far without ear plugs (which is fine because I wear them anyway). The noise of the car with the normal exhaust is very much focused around the chuffs and whistles of the turbo with nothing that special going on in the exhaust department. Now with the sports exhaust there's a mean sounding exhaust to compliment the turbo.

As for changing it over, there are two standard bolts for the exhaust bracket and you'll need an E12 torx socket for the bottom bolt. Looks pretty straight forward to be honest 👍

reg

Post by reg » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:09 pm

Steve said the sports exhaust although louder drones less? What's it like?

Preseh

Post by Preseh » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:14 pm

That's a fair statement I reckon. It was absolutely fine bumbling along the A37 back from Crewkerne today. The sports exhaust is much more metallic sounding. I filmed a warm start up when I got back on my Instagram although hard to tell how loud it is from a video:

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:28 am

8_enj wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:17 am Cheers sven, where did you get your padded seats from?

JK Composites.
http://www.jkcomposites.com/seats/

8_enj

Post by 8_enj » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:36 pm

[mention]SvenTheHammer[/mention] cheers they look the part 👌🏻

44 TOY

Post by 44 TOY » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:47 pm

8_enj wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:50 am Hi all, thanks for the input, based in newport south wales.

I am based in Swansea, not far from you, I don't think there are many (if any) other 4's in Wales at the moment.

You are welcome to pop down the Motorway and have a look at my Atom 4 and i'll take you out in it, i selected a good number of options and i'm happy to show you around the car and answer any questions you want to ask.

Cheers.
Dean

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:55 pm

Tony

Record your car's exhaust...

I'm not sure that 4's exhaust is the most exciting thing I've ever heard.

I can't do mine easily as it has a rev limiter when in neutral.

Alan
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

reg

Post by reg » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:39 pm

It’s not going to be the same as the SC but to be expected with a turbo. Never listened much to my old one as had earbuds in. At idle the SC sports sounded like a wet fart :)

8_enj

Post by 8_enj » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:29 pm

44 TOY wrote:
8_enj wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:50 am Hi all, thanks for the input, based in newport south wales.

I am based in Swansea, not far from you, I don't think there are many (if any) other 4's in Wales at the moment.

You are welcome to pop down the Motorway and have a look at my Atom 4 and i'll take you out in it, i selected a good number of options and i'm happy to show you around the car and answer any questions you want to ask.

Cheers.
Dean
[mention]44 TOY[/mention] i would love to pop down and see your motor i will try and message you now Image

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:41 pm

8_enj wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:36 pm @SvenTheHammer cheers they look the part 👌🏻
They do look good. And offer a degree of comfort over the standard seats.