essential specification??

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
8_enj

Re: essential specification??

Post by 8_enj » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:43 pm

Thanks phil 👍🏻

Luckky

Post by Luckky » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:22 pm

@8_enj,

The good news is you can’t go wrong, any Atom 4 is outstanding.

Things to consider are definitely as mentioned to start off with by Corky.

Did give a slightly different view, I looked at it as a long term investment and one I wanted to upgrade.

Expensive retrofits are brakes, suspension, carbon anywhere, lsd, baffled sump, traction control and boost gauge/launch Control.

Easy upgrades after are; aerofoils, reversing camera, seatbelts and not too bad is the 350 kit.

Have fun with the dilemmas, where are you based? It helped me loads looking at some others; especially the colour combination.

Factor in PPF if you want to keep it tidy too at about £1500 and get this done sooner than later is my reflection.

Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:40 pm

8_enj wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:03 pm Thanks all, any feedback on the exhaust options?

I’ve got the polished Sports exhaust as well as the standard for track days. I had the Sports exhaust on my 3.5 supercharged, which sounded very good. But the Sports exhaust on the 4 is on another level sound wise. It burbles at low revs, it screams, pops and bangs on overrun when you are giving it some beans. Obviously I will need to swop it with the standard exhaust when doing track days due to noise restrictions. But I’ll be putting the Sports exhaust back on ASAP.

reg

Post by reg » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:03 pm

Spec’d both exhausts. Loved the SC sports exhaust.

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:09 pm

The Ariel web site doesn't appear to respond correctly when clicking on the Colours section of the Atom menu. It just loads the overview page - You can get to it by scrolling all the way down or clicking on the Colours tab at the bottom of the page.

Here's a direct link to the colour configurator :-
https://www.arielmotor.co.uk/wp-content ... tom-4.html
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

8_enj

Post by 8_enj » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:50 am

Hi all, thanks for the input, based in newport south wales.

Preseh

Post by Preseh » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:09 am

SvenTheHammer wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:40 pm
8_enj wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:03 pm Thanks all, any feedback on the exhaust options?

I’ve got the polished Sports exhaust as well as the standard for track days. I had the Sports exhaust on my 3.5 supercharged, which sounded very good. But the Sports exhaust on the 4 is on another level sound wise. It burbles at low revs, it screams, pops and bangs on overrun when you are giving it some beans. Obviously I will need to swop it with the standard exhaust when doing track days due to noise restrictions. But I’ll be putting the Sports exhaust back on ASAP.
My car is in for its first service tomorrow... you've convinced me to get the sports exhaust fitted. Am I ever going to stop spending money on this car? :laugh:

GordonOttewell

Post by GordonOttewell » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:40 am

Sports exhaust for me too as standard onedefo convinced

GordonOttewell

Post by GordonOttewell » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:57 am

Does the sports exhaust still sound that good with out the decat

8_enj

Post by 8_enj » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:07 pm

Hi guys, how much hassle is it changing the exhausts over for race track noise limits etc?

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:21 pm

It's well to remember that by using a decat pipe on the road the car is no longer in conformance with the MOT requirements, which is illegal, also decatting could also invalidate the insurance?

I would also venture to suggest that decatting any car, in this day and age, for road use is simply environmentally irresponsible.

Most Atoms have so much performance that the difference in power between cat/no cat isn't measurable!

However decatting it for the occasional track day is probably a reasonable compromise?
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

8_enj

Post by 8_enj » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:43 pm

quick question has anyone had issue's with front aerofoil (spoiler) and speed bumps car park ramps etc there are alot where i live?

ArBrMD

Post by ArBrMD » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:46 pm

8_enj wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:43 pm quick question has anyone had issue's with front aerofoil (spoiler) and speed bumps car park ramps etc there are alot where i live?

No issues at all with the 3.5R

reg

Post by reg » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:45 pm

autobackup wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:21 pm It's well to remember that by using a decat pipe on the road the car is no longer in conformance with the MOT requirements, which is illegal, also decatting could also invalidate the insurance?

I would also venture to suggest that decatting any car, in this day and age, for road use is simply environmentally irresponsible.

Most Atoms have so much performance that the difference in power between cat/no cat isn't measurable!

However decatting it for the occasional track day is probably a reasonable compromise?
Speeding is also illegal. But nobody does that right? I really don't understand the comment 'environmentally irresponsible', if you were a full on soup enthusiast you probably wouldn't buy something which reduces some of the most awkward things to recycle to bald worthless round things in 1000 miles, and would be far more responsible and take the bus? Of course if anyone is paranoid fit a sports cat, or just make a link pipe using the original cat attacked with an environmentally friendly drill.

reg

Post by reg » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:46 pm

8_enj wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:07 pm Hi guys, how much hassle is it changing the exhausts over for race track noise limits etc?
Not sure on the 4, but if you have spoilers more involved. Without them it's 10-15 mins.