Part for help for new owners / part sharing my excitement

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
AlanP

Re: Part for help for new owners / part sharing my excitement

Post by AlanP » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:40 am

Ha! It didn't turn out quite as I hoped. I thought the colour might be a bit brighter, also the down pipe to the by pass pipe should have been black. But it looks good actually and a f sight better than it did before.
They were pretty good people to deal with. £20 each way collection/delivery was a bargain. A
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:28 pm

Alan

Did you also have the inside of the pipes - back to the exhaust headers - Zircotec'd as well?

Having my whole exhaust system Zircotec'd (inside and out) added, in my estimation, about 3% to the BHP.

When you first reinstall it on your car the Zircotec coating is very soft and will be easily damaged - it only fully hardens after quite a few heat cycles as you use your Atom so you will need to be careful not to scratch it until it's been fully cured!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:22 pm

I asked about doing inside I got the following:

It’s not something we do, there are 2 reasons for this, firstly it is a ceramic resin that is not very effective and secondly we can’t prepare the internal surface for adhesion and so the coating is very likely to flake off into the exhaust system.

With hindsight I suspect he was talking about the silencer, but it left me doing just the outside.

Ho hum, lessons learned and passed on.

A
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

CAG3D

Post by CAG3D » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:24 pm

That’s a statement MR P!
Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luckky

Post by Luckky » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:08 pm

Hey @Sommi,

I blame you squarely for ‘making’ me go out today for an essential shopping trip to Tesco’s.... thank you for your post, it changed the weekend immensely after hours of DIY

Initial thoughts, wow, what a car. Getting in to my Mercedes afterwards felt very odd, almost like getting in to a 4x4 after driving a normal car!

Mines now done 70 miles so I’m not sure driving It like I stole it was the right idea but it sure was fun albeit with a little clutch smell now and again. Around my area there’s quite a few nice sweeping country roads leading on from a 30mph zone so lots of places to have fun.

I started off carefully in power setting 1 and tried to warm up the oil for a little while before flooring it, it was pretty damn fast in this setting alone. Without traction control on, even with gentle power setting I could get the wheels to spin which was fun.

After getting the essential bacon and placing this in the massive storage zone, I went off for a bit more fun and can honestly say I scared myself a few time’s whilst also beaming with a large smile under the helmet.

So many upsides; love the turbo whistles although if I’m honest, the SC just takes it for noise. Brakes are outstanding even when not bedded in so that gave me loads of confidence. Seats and the Willans 3” kept me very snug, so pleased with the alloy chest adjusters, they make getting in and out so so easy.

I know many of you said how much attention it gets so expected some looks etc but surprised of how many people started chatting at lights or pull ins. One guy pinned me in so I couldn’t go forward and wound his window down to ask me if it was an Aston Martin. All friendly though so that was good.

Downsides, not really any..... found it hilarious going through the puddle and seeing how splattered I got, disappointed with the gearbox changes so I’ll be trying the upgrades mentioned on here; 5th to 4th and 3rd to 2nd changes didn’t fee crisp like all the others did.

Having never owned one but driven a few over the years, I was genuinely so pleased so thanks to all on the forum that gave me the inspiration to put that deposit down finally, defiantly not regretted it at all!

Sommi

Post by Sommi » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:30 pm

[mention]Luckky[/mention]
I am glad I could influence you into doing such a venture.

You did really go all out and played with the different knobs.
I left all in granny mode and TC 5. Didn't stop anywhere but I would say showed courage by pressing the big pedal almost half way!

I will try again next week weather permitting.
Like you I have a Merc, an S500 and it did feel like solitary confinement - very silent and detached - afterwards.

Luckky

Part for help for new owners / part sharing my excitement

Post by Luckky » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:24 pm

Two exciting updates:
1) I managed to fit my own reversing camera. Reflections, if you have the money, pay for the factory to do the upgrade Image but all things considered, it works and looks good so I’m happy. It won’t surprise anyone to hear the guys at Ariel were yet again outstanding, so so helpful.

2) just got the car back from the detailers. Shout out to Paul at Definitive detail in Chelmsford, there’s not many times OCD is a strength but Paul was outstanding. Customer service was as strong as the factory and the level of skill and care was amazing.

I have no linkage to Paul except being a very happy customer so shout out to him.

In a perfect world I would have got mine shipped straight from the factory however COVID made that difficult so Paul had to ‘fix’ a number of issues which were done well.

I’ll add some more photos at the weekend if anyone interested in the stealth car (haven’t put the decals on yet).

Who’s the lucky guy to own the beast next to me? Great spec

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by Luckky on Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sommi

Post by Sommi » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:53 pm

Congratulations Luckky.
A very cool looking Atom!
Makes the Ohlins seem seriously"look at me".

The red one looks great too. But the very first I have seen with a front side number plate!

apr1962

Post by apr1962 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:50 pm

Mine was delivered straight to Paintguard last Wednesday. I picked it up on Saturday and I'm very pleased.

Looks very similar to yours.

Attachments
IMG_2781.jpg
IMG_2781.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 398 times
IMG_2782.jpg
IMG_2782.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 398 times
IMG_2784.jpg
IMG_2784.jpg (1001.92 KiB) Viewed 398 times

Luckky

Post by Luckky » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:24 pm

@apr I’m dead jealous of the wings!!

So next update, I wanted a decent phone holder, it started off quite cheap but now cost a little more. I have mounted a Quadlock waterproof wireless charger which is exactly what I was after, not that easy to figure out how to fit it out now sorted.

I went for the extra vibration dampener like the bikes have as some of the roads really do rattle my bones. First test today was outstanding.

apr1962

Post by apr1962 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:06 pm

Luckky

Yes, wings are pretty cool. I was worried about getting up my fairly steep drive, bit all good.

That looks really good. Would you mind telling me what parts you ordered and where from. I would like to do the same.

Thanks
Andrew

Sledgehammer

Post by Sledgehammer » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:32 pm

I would like to have the wings on my 2.
Atom 2 Supercharged - Atom Club Germany

Sommi

Post by Sommi » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:00 pm

Congratulations Andrew!
Another great stealth spec Atom!
I do think the wings are a must now.

Let us know how you find it driving wise.

Luckky

Post by Luckky » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:20 pm

Apr, it was all from quadlock, 1x vibration dampener, 1 x weatherproof wireless charger, 3x motorcycle knuckle adapter plus I ordered 1 x 20mm countersunk m5 bolt and 1 x nylock m5 nut to attach to the frame.

You should get 10% off your first order too. Hope that helps.

apr1962

Post by apr1962 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:05 pm

Thanks Luckky I’ll get that ordered, looks like a really good solution.