Towing Dolly

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
autobackup

Re: Towing Dolly

Post by autobackup » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:26 pm

You might 'not be worried' about the legalities but I personally would be concerned about how it might affect the insurance should you unfortunately be involved in an accident while towing your dollied Atom!

The possible invalidation of my insurance l, after taking informal advice from a barrister friend, was the ultimate reason that I finally decided a few years ago not to go down the dolly route.

Your insurance cover is normally directly dependent on all aspects of your car and towing rig being legal!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

robfitz

Post by robfitz » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:06 pm

I think I’d just look to rent a proper trailer when needed or if buying speak to a farmer etc about storing it if not enough space.
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

PhilTimo

Post by PhilTimo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:28 pm

autobackup wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:26 pm You might 'not be worried' about the legalities but I personally would be concerned about how it might affect the insurance should you unfortunately be involved in an accident while towing your dollied Atom!

The possible invalidation of my insurance l, after taking informal advice from a barrister friend, was the ultimate reason that I finally decided a few years ago not to go down the dolly route.

Your insurance cover is normally directly dependent on all aspects of your car and towing rig being legal!
That's a very valid point, thanks.
Ford Fiesta Van 1.6 Sport
Hyundai Tucson 1.6 N Line
Suzuki GSXR 1000
2016 Atom 3.5

PhilTimo

Post by PhilTimo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:28 pm

robfitz wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:06 pm I think I’d just look to rent a proper trailer when needed or if buying speak to a farmer etc about storing it if not enough space.
Good call
Ford Fiesta Van 1.6 Sport
Hyundai Tucson 1.6 N Line
Suzuki GSXR 1000
2016 Atom 3.5