Sequential V Manual.

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Italianpaul

Sequential V Manual.

Post by Italianpaul » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:10 am

Just getting closer to final spec and I am really torn between Manual and Sequential gearbox.
Sequential is a fair chunk of money, especially as it appears there is no warranty on it whether used on track or road. I am planning to mainly use the 4 on track, so probably 70% track 30% road.
I would really appreciated any input, Pros and Cons regarding Sequential V Manual. I know that a fair few sequential boxes have been fitted and that Henry is an advocate for the sequential and Tom dislikes it.
Footnote. I have never completely mastered the art of Heel and Toe to my satisfaction. :wize:

hamtt

Re: Sequential V Manual.

Post by hamtt » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:27 am

Sequential makes it almost too easy to drive on the track and takes away even some more of the fun and rawness of the previous atoms.

It you want to go faster, then sequential, if you want to live more on the edge of your wits and challenge yourself then definitely manual.

Also sequential can be a bit iffy trying to engage gears at standstill.

Have had both and the fun is definitely in the manual and you get a bigger sense of achievement.
My website: Skunkwurx - Create an account and PM me for forum member pricing
Ariel Atom Parts and UpgradesRace Technology Dash2

Preseh

Re: Sequential V Manual.

Post by Preseh » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:59 am

I had wondered the same thing and in the end settled on a manual. My usage is going to be more slightly more road biased however as [mention]hamtt[/mention] has said, there's nothing quite like getting the three pedals absolutely nailed whilst on the limit.

Another thing with the manual is you can always upgrade to the sequential at a later date. It'll obviously cost more money than having it spec'd at build but the option is there.