Atom 4 Track day set up ?

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
travelbug63

Atom 4 Track day set up ?

Post by travelbug63 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:48 am

I've my first track day in my Atom on Monday at Bedford. Any set up advise gratefully received.

It's a 320 with adjustable Bilsteins, traction control and adjustable brake balance if that makes any difference.

Cheers
Atom 4, Jaguar I Pace, Honda cr-v (dog carrier), Mini JCW (wife's)

Anon

Re: Atom 4 Track day set up ?

Post by Anon » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:35 pm

I am also interested in this. I started creating a setup sheet for Atom 4 - but it could be used/adopted for the supercharged variant as well.

Here is the setup sheet so far - not yet finished. My thinking is to attach this to a flying lap video and lap time data so you have a video & log data as well. And then when you go back to that track you know what works best.

It's all fun isn't it!
Atom 4 setup sheet WIP.png
Atom 4 setup sheet WIP.png (110.46 KiB) Viewed 285 times

lancecrobinson

Re: Atom 4 Track day set up ?

Post by lancecrobinson » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:19 pm

See the owners manual, page 40. As for the brake bias, set it a bit more to the front then adjust further 2 clicks away from the end that locks up first. Move it 2 turns BACK for the wet as there is less forward weight transfer with lower breaking forces.

My car is on the recommended track settings and is neutral. It will only spin if breaking on entry (I have not but nearly did). Presumably you don't have time now to set the toe and camber, so don't worry about that and have fun!