Project A4 Comfy Seat

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Anon

Project A4 Comfy Seat

Post by Anon » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:34 pm

Took a leaf out of Karls book to give each of my projects a name! thanks Karl!

As per [mention]dunny[/mention]'s recommendation a while ago to make the plastic seats more comfortable and hold me in the seat better, I bought this: in black.

I just fitted it in my car and it feels so comfy - almost like sitting on the sofa and the harnesses done up tight really hold me in. I haven't driven the car like it yet, but so far so good.

I had to make a small 70mm incision for the V Type crutch strap to fit through, but so far so good, very pleased and I don't think it ruins the look of the car:
20200825_171924.jpg
20200825_171924.jpg (5.42 MiB) Viewed 268 times

robfitz

Re: Project A4 Comfy Seat

Post by robfitz » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:16 pm

There is a picture of sventhehammer’s car on Instagram with some very neat padding on the seats.
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

Atlarge

Post by Atlarge » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:06 pm

Are the A4 seats very different (shape wise) to the all in one style from older models or is it just me that finds the A3 ones surprisingly comfortable? :o

Anon

Post by Anon » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:17 pm

I think the A4 seats are quite different to the A3 "bench" but this is my first Atom so it's hard to comment on the A3 seats. The A4 seats are really comfortable. The only real issue I have is I find them too wide for me. So I have 2 options get some foam and make a seat to me - an insert, you got to be careful with this stuff as not to ruin the inside of the car. Or try something like this. Also I am not tall, at 5ft 7in. This seat raises me up very slightly for better visibility.

I also added pedal extensions on the clutch and accelerator so now I can heal toe much easier than before. It raised the accelerator pedal so when I push the brake, I can just blip the throttle by rocking my foot rather than using my heal. Ariel sell these pedal extenders.