Atom 4 AIM dash reconfiguration (Survey on page 4)

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
autobackup

Re: Atom 4 AIM dash reconfiguration

Post by autobackup » Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:24 pm

Speedmachine

Changing the dash is no big deal because, if you think about it, modern dashes sometimes fail in every marque of car and have to be replaced.

In the invoice for the work the previous mileage is prominently displayed and if the car is over 3 years old the mileage features in the MOT certificate.

When my Atom was rebuilt from the frame up as a 3.5R the old analogue dash was replaced with the RT digital dash and this fact, including the Ariel factory note, will be included as part of the FSH when I finally reluctantly part with it!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:13 pm

Allthough you seem to have a point, what prevents me from swapping out the dash after 10k miles again without telling the next buyer?
For some reason I would really want my car with the oem delivered dash and miles

Anon

Post by Anon » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:16 am

So far I have 4 people sent me their email addresses in order to go back to Ariel about the dash - thanks to them. Any more folks wanting the dash changed? or many be you are happy with it and focused on the road :) the more the better and if there is a cost then it will be less the more there is of us.

SteveC

Post by SteveC » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:19 pm

I have just reached out to Karl about sending out a questionnaire to current 4 owners and customers who are on the list to gain valuable feedback to help progress our query. If its doable I think we should have 4 closed answer questions Yes/No to keep things simple. like:

1. Do you like the Atom 4 (AIM) dash layout/configuration?
2. Do you think the Atom 4 AIM dash layout configuration could be better?
3. Would you be willing to make a small donation to improve that Atom 4 AIM dash layout/configuration?
4. Would increasing the size of the current (doughnut) layout make the Atom 4 AIM dash easier to read?

Just an initial draft... Please feel free to add/edit etc.

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:27 pm

I've had a stab.

1. Do you like the factory supplied Atom 4 (AIM) dash layout/configuration?
2. Do you think the factory supplied Atom 4 dash layout could be improved on, maybe with a more prominent rev counter?
3. Are you aware there are a number of other "off the shelf" AIM dash layouts available from the manufacture (AIM) to use with our dash (for instance a power graph style rev counter, or a much larger central circular rev counter)?
4. Are you aware that if the dash were unlocked by Ariel we could run other bespoke dash configs in addition to the existing layout?
5. Are you willing to put your name down to request capability this from Ariel (you would not have to use it personally)?
6. Would you be willing to make a small donation if required to allow the dash to be unlocked (if there is cost to Ariel)?

To sell this we need some pics of the dash options to add to the email.

Just my thoughts.... :)
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

SteveC

Post by SteveC » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:36 pm

Looks great Peter...

Karl has suggested we use the pol function on this forum and also include Facebook as there are more members on there. I think the pol for this forum and FB needs to be published by a more longstanding member to give it more impact and potential reply's...

Any volunteers to put everything together including pictures and get it out there so [mention]simonrhart[/mention] can aproach Ariel?

robfitz

Post by robfitz » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:28 pm

Good stuff chaps.
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:41 am

I don't own an Ariel vehicle with the new AIM dash, but the Club does have a set of guiding principles, including #4 on this list (recently validated with the factory):

https://ariel.club/about-us/

So, as a recently nominated Club representative, I'd like to offer to play my part in representing owner feedback from Full Club Members.

I can't contribute to the feedback of course (I don't have an Atom 4), but I would be willing to help collect, collate and present your feedback to Crewkerne.

Here are my thoughts...

I spin up a Google Form as a survey. We invite Full Club Members who either own an Atom 4 / are waiting for an Atom 4, to add their thoughts. I present this, in copy to the survey participants, to the factory for their consideration.

No guarantees of an outcome of course, but maybe an initial step for the Club to represent their members and provide collated feedback.

How does that sound?

Italianpaul

Post by Italianpaul » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:10 am

That sounds like a good plan.

Hopefully the factory will be receptive to the clubs Input.

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:31 am

Why only club members? Owners are owners, aren’t they?

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:17 am

They are, but the Club is run for it's members [mention]speedmachine[/mention].

Thinking about this a bit more, maybe it is a bit premature to go down the whole survey route at this stage? I'm guessing what we first want to know is whether Ariel is open to reviewing the dash layout. If so, then we can figure out what input we could offer.

Does that make sense?

Anon

Post by Anon » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:29 am

[mention]Karl V[/mention] The 5 or so questions above from Peter is a good start I think to get Atom 4 owners/people waiting for their car on board and in agreement or not. Then maybe you can be the orchestrator to represent the club in the context of said individuals in order for this to be something the factory could help us with? The factory can then confirm next steps, and take it from there. +VAT of course :roflp:

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:29 am

[mention]Karl V[/mention]

We want an idea of numbers / interest before we go to the factory. Its a different conversation if most owners are on-board rather than just a few. Ariel are busy and i doubt they will be keen to get involved in this unless there is some traction amongst the 4 owners.
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

Alistairbuchanan

Post by Alistairbuchanan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:16 pm

simonrhart wrote:So far I have 4 people sent me their email addresses in order to go back to Ariel about the dash - thanks to them. Any more folks wanting the dash changed? or many be you are happy with it and focused on the road :) the more the better and if there is a cost then it will be less the more there is of us.
Ill put my name behind the movement and happy to assist financially....still in the queue for my 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reg

Post by reg » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:21 pm

Haven’t bought a 4, but when I went out in one was assured the layout was a ‘prototype’. The current layout isn’t great. Given the standard AIM layouts are actually more useable I can’t see the problem of leaving it unlocked? Mileage is locked anyway. Perhaps provide a half decent layout, a track screen etc. It’s not difficult.