Re-painted brake callipers.

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Anon

Re: Re-painted brake callipers.

Post by Anon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:43 pm

Normally when painting they paint the parts you can see. I think this will affect my OCD knowing there is grey metal underneath. I wish I did not have this condition...

If I were to have it done, I think power coat would be the way I'd get it done, this way the whole calipers are painted.

@Preseh Ariel is proving to be very accommodating after finally being an Ariel customer, so I would just call Tom and ask him. I know Ariel used to offer this as a service but no longer do, not sure why not. May even be worth asking them why this is.

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:12 pm

Karl V wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:21 pm
SvenTheHammer wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:41 am the process to powder coat is much more complicated, in having to completely remove the callipers from the car
Oh that's interesting... so did the callipers not have to come off to have them painted Sven?
They removed the callipers from the discs yes. But the brake cables etc remained on the car. They mask all the areas around the callipers (discs etc), and remove the brake pads.
I popped in to have a look how they were getting on a couple of days before she was ready, and the whole car had a protective covering on it. The only visible things were the callipers (which were ready to be sprayed). It’s one of Autowerks specialities, so they know what they’re doing.

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:24 pm

simonrhart wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:43 pm Normally when painting they paint the parts you can see. I think this will affect my OCD knowing there is grey metal underneath. I wish I did not have this condition...

If I were to have it done, I think power coat would be the way I'd get it done, this way the whole calipers are painted.

@Preseh Ariel is proving to be very accommodating after finally being an Ariel customer, so I would just call Tom and ask him. I know Ariel used to offer this as a service but no longer do, not sure why not. May even be worth asking them why this is.
As I mentioned in my reply to Karl. Absolutely everything is covered/masked off except the callipers. Once sprayed, they apply a clear lacquer for durability. The whole calliper is painted, hence you can see the inside of the calliper while driving, which looks great. I’m like you when it comes to OCD. If I wasn’t 100% happy with the job, I’d get them to redo it, or opt for powder coating them. They are very particular at Autowerks, which I really liked.

CAG3D

Post by CAG3D » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:48 pm

I have tried Harry’s mobile twice yesterday and just a moment ago, just rings out, and I called the landline too, but no joy.....
I will try one more time tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:14 pm

CAG3D wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:48 pm I have tried Harry’s mobile twice yesterday and just a moment ago, just rings out, and I called the landline too, but no joy.....
I will try one more time tomorrow morning.

I had more success emailing at: info@the-autowerks.com
That are busy down there.

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:31 pm

Just spoke to Harry the owner at Autowerks. He apologises for missing anyone’s calls, as they’ve been very busy. He said it’s best to WhatsApp him directly on the mobile number I posted earlier: +44 7723 702007.

CAG3D

Post by CAG3D » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:09 pm

Thanks Sven, all good, have spoken with him now

SvenTheHammer

Post by SvenTheHammer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:16 pm

Let us know what you’re going to have done.