Waking my Atom for the summer

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
autobackup

Waking my Atom for the summer

Post by autobackup » Sat May 02, 2020 1:59 pm

Yesterday and today I have been waking up my Atom for the summer - it came off SORN and was put back on risk yesterday (01/05)!

So I spent yesterday giving it a thorough washing, cleaning, polishing, titivating, checking the vitals and finally completed a 'spanner check' before attempting to start it for the first time since November 30th last year - it has been continuously on a CETEK charger since I 'put it to bed'!

I am happy to report that it started first time with no hesitation, alarums or excursions and - after it had thoroughly warmed up - I drove it gently around the village to blow away any final cobwebs and get everything circulating properly.

Today (after obtaining permission to go out via the SMS approval system in operation here) I drove it down to Limassol to refuel and realised what I had been missing while it had been asleep for the winter!

The effect of the pandemic on fuel prices here is one of the few positives in the current health situation - ECO Racing 100 octane is currently very keenly priced at €1.14/litre.

Hopefully, in the end, it will eventually turn out be a good (if late?) summer - both here in Cyprus and in the UK - and that as the COVID-19 pandemic recedes and lockdown is gradually lifted as many as possible of the Ariel Club events are eventually able to take place even if they have to be rescheduled to later in the year?

Finally I hope (and wish) that all is well with you and yours!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Karl V

Re: Waking my Atom for the summer

Post by Karl V » Sat May 02, 2020 2:41 pm

Good to hear Paul - let the fun begin!

As you say, I suspect that there will be Ariels a plenty out and about once we're able to.

Let's hope the drop in oil prices work their way through to tyre prices too :drool: