Ecotrailer

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Tompy

Ecotrailer

Post by Tompy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Does anybody have some experience with ecotrailer?
The new iq model looks great. And important the total hight is 240 cm as higher is a bit of a problem for me

Thx

Italianpaul

Re: Ecotrailer

Post by Italianpaul » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:07 pm

I have a Eco Velocity IQ which is nearly 3 years old. Tows really well. The chassis is excellent but the fiberglass pod is imo a little flimsy. The two full wing doors make loading simple. It is a manual tilt system rather than hydraulic, but again imo its far better as there is little to go wrong.
The option for the two small front side hatches is of little benefit as the are too small to be of any really use, and quite difficult open and I don't use them.

I would recommend getting some motor movers or similar as it makes moving the trailer easy.

It's not up to a Brian James standard but it is 2/3 of the price.

If you use it as I do for track days 15 times a year or so, its perfect. If you are going to travel thousands of miles, spend the extra and get a Brian James.

They all hold their resale value extremely well.

Hope that helps.

Tompy

Post by Tompy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:31 pm

Italianpaul wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:07 pm I have a Eco Velocity IQ which is nearly 3 years old. Tows really well. The chassis is excellent but the fiberglass pod is imo a little flimsy. The two full wing doors make loading simple. It is a manual tilt system rather than hydraulic, but again imo its far better as there is little to go wrong.
The option for the two small front side hatches is of little benefit as the are too small to be of any really use, and quite difficult open and I don't use them.

I would recommend getting some motor movers or similar as it makes moving the trailer easy.

It's not up to a Brian James standard but it is 2/3 of the price.

If you use it as I do for track days 15 times a year or so, its perfect. If you are going to travel thousands of miles, spend the extra and get a Brian James

They all hold their resale value extremely well.

Hope that helps.
Thank you! This is very usefull info

Monza

Post by Monza » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:47 pm

I have just received, 2 months ago, a new Velocity RS with some IQ updates ( IQ is new model , will be in production now).
The chassis and basic equipments are top level, the fiberglass and interior quality are good.
Really a very good product for the price.
If you want some pics of special parts , or the spec of my order, send me a message with your mail address. 😉

Tompy

Post by Tompy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:18 pm

Monza wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:47 pm I have just received, 2 months ago, a new Velocity RS with some IQ updates ( IQ is new model , will be in production now).
The chassis and basic equipments are top level, the fiberglass and interior quality are good.
Really a very good product for the price.
If you want some pics of special parts , or the spec of my order, send me a message with your mail address. 😉
Hi thx pm send

staffsatom

Post by staffsatom » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:19 pm

Hi speak to Piers at PRG trailers near Whitchurch Shropshire, he is a great guy and very very helpful.
His trailers are first class and service is second to none i've had, brian james , ifor williams , and many others you cannot better PRG

Staffs Atom

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:40 am

I would echo the comments re the build quality of PRG trailers.

Richard Proudlove designed and built me a totally bespoke hydraulic tilt Beavertail trailer (LxW) ultra low load angle with a deliberately short drawbar that fits into a standard international shipping container with my Atom strapped on to it!

The build quality is superb and it tows beautifully and as it has dual axles I can load my Atom facing forwards with no hint of fishtailing while towing.
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Anon

Post by Anon » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:14 am

autobackup wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:40 am I would echo the comments re the build quality of PRG trailers.

Richard Proudlove designed and built me a totally bespoke hydraulic tilt Beavertail trailer (LxW) ultra low load angle with a deliberately short drawbar that fits into a standard international shipping container with my Atom strapped on to it!

The build quality is superb and it tows beautifully and as it has dual axles I can load my Atom facing forwards with no hint of fishtailing while towing.
Your trailer is nice [mention]autobackup[/mention]. I thought about getting something like this, then asking a fabricator to custom manufacture a fibreglass shell around it. There are kits available to do this. It is quite shocking on how much enclosed trailers cost, I suspect it's a lot cheaper to buy a "flatbed" style one then custom fit a shell to it. Anyone else considered this or looked into it?