Post Brexit Blast

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Winmoz

Post Brexit Blast

Post by Winmoz » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:30 pm

Folks,

The family have vetoed most of my holiday ideas this year, following and extreme Indian railway adventure and a multi-destination tour of Europe taking in France, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Croatia, Serbia, Austria and Montenegro in previous years.

Seems they want a simple villa holiday. Two weeks, sun, pool, no adventure.

So, I’ll need to tow the Atom to wherever we go. Any tips on great driving roads, in sunny places that are not too much of a slog to get to at rowing speeds?

Am thinking northern Spain or southern France (ferry to Santander) or Germany, near a little place called The Efiel mountains. If I remember correctly there is a nice little toll road around those parts.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Swm

K20A2

Re: Post Brexit Blast

Post by K20A2 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:26 pm

If you like to go to Eifel :)

https://www.landgasthof-michels.de/en/your-eifel-hotel/

Nice roads, half an hour to the Nü-Ring, a lake next to the hotel and a very nice hiking region :)

GraemeW

Re: Post Brexit Blast

Post by GraemeW » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:06 pm

Steve

Southern Germany
Some great roads in Black Forest. Also Bavarian Alps

Southern France
You spoilt for choice. Route Napoleon, southern French alps , some good roads south of Toulouse leading towards Pyrenees through steep gorges etc
If you there when we doing Euro trip you could drive with us for a day or two

Norther Spain
We found some great roads in Picos de europa, Galicia, Asturias etc when we did the 2017 portugal trip. All routes available on MyRoute-app club page. Also Pyrenees if you head east from Santander