Atom seat covers?

Feel free to talk about all things Atom in this board.
Atlarge

Atom seat covers?

Post by Atlarge » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:48 pm

Hi,

I've been looking at a number of the US spec atoms and they all seem to have some cover for the standard one piece Atom seats - does anyone know if they are a UK factory option (cost?) or where I could get my hands on one?

Visible here...

https://i0.wp.com/blackshadowmotors.com ... 1024&ssl=1

Cheers!

GraemeW

Re: Atom seat covers?

Post by GraemeW » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:54 pm

I like the look of those, but don't think you can get them here, and also our weather is just too wet for something like that? On short runs when it sunny, no problem, but on longer trips in UK you can get caught out at any time with a shower. What type of fabric is it? Does it dry quickly

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:13 pm

Ariel North America did a marketing campaign in April 2016 listing them as an option on the 3, but standard on the 3S.

"Optional for the Atom 3 and standard on the Atom 3S, this specially designed seat cover is weather/fade resistant, padded, and customizable. Want more padding - you can add it to select areas for that perfect fit. "

I don't recall seeing them available in the UK, but I guess you could ask the US factory?

AlanP

Post by AlanP » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:36 am

I see the steering wheel is designed to accommodate the North American tummy...
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

wasp

Post by wasp » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:29 am

If you want good seat pads for the Atom the JK Composites do a good range of options.
I used them on my 3.5 and they were great. They aren't always the quickest to respond but worth the wait imo.
The Atom 4 seats seem more snug, so I'll be making a call on that when I collect.

Cheers,
Stu

Atlarge

Post by Atlarge » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:22 pm

Thanks for the replies and suggestions - the JK Composites inserts? do look nice but I was after a complete cover because my seats are a bit worn & could do with a spruce up!

I'm not based in the UK otherwise I'd consider just getting a replacement (seen one in the for sale / wanted section), unfortunately the cost of postage would probably make that prohibitive.

I'll do some digging in the US to see if they can supply the 'factory' version, although I suspect it may also cost a few bucks by the time its shipped to Europe and there would probably be duty on top too ;-(

Cheers!

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:15 pm

wasp wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:29 am If you want good seat pads for the Atom the JK Composites do a good range of options.
I used them on my 3.5 and they were great. They aren't always the quickest to respond but worth the wait imo.
The Atom 4 seats seem more snug, so I'll be making a call on that when I collect.

Cheers,
Stu
I tried these guys last year, multiple calls, no answer, multiple emails, no reply, so have given up on them

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:29 pm

Atlarge wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:22 pm Thanks for the replies and suggestions - the JK Composites inserts? do look nice but I was after a complete cover because my seats are a bit worn & could do with a spruce up!

I'm not based in the UK otherwise I'd consider just getting a replacement (seen one in the for sale / wanted section), unfortunately the cost of postage would probably make that prohibitive.

I'll do some digging in the US to see if they can supply the 'factory' version, although I suspect it may also cost a few bucks by the time its shipped to Europe and there would probably be duty on top too ;-(

Cheers!
try this product for spruce up
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=16786&p=285239#p285239

not sure if the link in the article works so here it is again
https://www.autojoy.co.uk/malco-chioce- ... p-962.html